Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doesn't want to celebrate it this year and just wants it to be over with? Who isn't in the mood for it? Who is it painful for? What do you do to get through it?

I want it over with, for the first time in my life. Family issues are the problem as always. How do you get through them?

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(Boss @ Dec 23 2003, 08:39 AM)Doesn't want to celebrate it this year and just wants it to be over with? Who isn't in the mood for it? Who is it painful for? What do you do to get through it?

I want it over with, for the first time in my life. Family issues are the problem as always. How do you get through them?
YES..........

I watch Die Hard, Die Hard II, AND remeber I am man ! I will concure!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ Dec 23 2003, 08:53 AM)YES..........

I watch Die Hard, Die Hard II, AND remeber I am man ! I will concure!

Yippie Kiyay, M F'er!

I can't wait until Christmas is over either. Then I can use all my new presents.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
That's part of the problem, I am not really seeing my family. My Mom plays favorites and I am not it. She has been in since Friday, is staying with my sister who only lives two miles away, and she is too busy with her friends or doing stuff with my sister that she can't spend time with the rest of her kids. I have called and asked her but she doesn't have time and my sisters husband doesn't like company so therefore they haven's asked anyone else to come over and visit. We have to wait for the few hours on Chritmas and then my parents are leaving to go back home. I don't know why the time can't be divided among all of her children.

Don't even get me started on my sister and all of her problems that she takes out on me, we discussed that topic a couple of weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Boss,

I feel your pain........Maybe take a valium....Drink your favs....And enjoy your the

company of your neices and nephews.....The drugs will help numb you of the adult

family members that are being a$$holes.....Christmas is for the kids anyhow....It`s

best not to let them see problems adults have with each other anyhow......

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Yeah, going through the holidays as a single person does have it's bad moments...

but, I look around and see people in relationships that aren't happy, and recall that I too, wasn't happy during those times... or I see people that have huge trauma's in their lives on many different levels... things that make the holidays truly excruciating... and I suck up my self pity and think I don't have it so bad... it's actually pretty good to have a couple of good friends and the option to see my folks... that I have a job that pays my bills, a house that I am in love with, two cats who always bring a smile to my face...

and I have HOPE for a better future. It is, afterall, my choice to have one!

Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(RED HOT ONE @ Dec 23 2003, 09:37 AM)Boss,

I feel your pain........Maybe take a valium....Drink your favs....And enjoy your the

company of your neices and nephews.....The drugs will help numb you of the adult

family members that are being a$$holes.....Christmas is for the kids anyhow....It`s

The kids are a problem themselves. My sister has decided to raise them like they way she is and when you give them a present they throw it, say the don't want it and tell you to go away. Isn't that pleasant. They are 5, 2 and a half, and 9 months old (no complaints about the youngest, yet)

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Boss,
On a more serious note...

The best way to get over Christmas blues is to make a difference in someone else's Christmas. There is no greater feeling than giving a disadvantaged child a reason to smile on Christmas or visiting an elderly person and just spending time with them.

You can make a huge difference to a little boy or girl who would normally spend the day hungry and without presents. Help out at a soup kitchen and hand out a bunch of simple little "dollar store" toys to the kids and watch their faces light up.

Let us not forget the true spirit of why we celebrate Christmas.

I hope this helps you in some way

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
QUOTE(Boss @ Dec 23 2003, 09:44 AM)QUOTE(RED HOT ONE @ Dec 23 2003, 09:37 AM) Boss,

The kids are a problem themselves. My sister has decided to raise them like they way she is and when you give them a present they throw it, say the don't want it and tell you to go away. Isn't that pleasant. They are 5, 2 and a half, and 9 months old (no complaints about the youngest, yet)

Whatever you do don`t fall into their game.....Or play favorite one over the other

Maybe just get plastered and tell all of them how you feel and leave.....Either they

will feel bad and all want to work out the problems..... Or they will wash their hands

of you therefor eleaving the trouble of having to worry about it next year...

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Drink heavily x-mas eve so you are hangin' on the big day and you don't care what they say or do.

Really, I don't know why family has to act like that....It's like they enjoy inflicting pain on the ones they are supposed to love.

My parents came by here Sunday afternoon...They were sitting here telling us how they are having my sister's daughter spend the night Sunday through Tuesday night because my sister doesn't have anybody else to watch her. And, they will be driving her two boys to and from swim lessons.....gggrrrr......That's okay, I don't need anybodies help.

Taxman, I love your theory....it's mine, as well, but buying someone the most unusual gift is a added little twist
You do have a big heart!

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Hmmmm.....It has always been my theory to give to others. It seems I have just been choosing to give to the wrong people for a very long time now. Christmas is not what I get. I buy for myself things that I want all year long. Everyone always asks me what I want, but I would take one gift of their choosing over all the ones they will buy me on my "list". That would mean the world to me, it is the thought.

Anywho, I do agree with most of you, but I am starting to realize alot of things since just a couple of weeks ago. History repeats itself due to ignorance it seems. My mom is doing things she was a victim of herself, what we were a victim of too, and now she is doing it and I am going through it again. It is bringing up alot of painful memories, and these things have always been there I have just not chosen to see them.

I am learning to accept it and move on and possibly away. I chose to live close to my sister because I thought she wanted me to not needed me to. I also thought living close to her I would be able to see my parents when they come down to see us and stay with her. I guess I was wrong on that account too.

What baffles me is that why is the favorite the one who is the nastiest and the most selfish? My sister is the first one to stab my mom in the back. I don't get it. I would never tell my mom the things she does and says to spare her feelings.

Oh! Yes Threecrabs I will be drinking!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Boss @ Dec 23 2003, 10:07 AM)Everyone always asks me what I want, but I would take one gift of their choosing over all the ones they will buy me on my "list". That would mean the world to me, it is the thought.
Now you tell me. <_<

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Dec 23 2003, 10:12 AM)QUOTE(Boss @ Dec 23 2003, 10:07 AM) Everyone always asks me what I want, but I would take one gift of their choosing over all the ones they will buy me on my "list". That would mean the world to me, it is the thought.
Now you tell me.

All women like suprises! Hope he gets you something special, Boss.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE(threecrabs @ Dec 23 2003, 10:14 AM)QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Dec 23 2003, 10:12 AM) QUOTE(Boss @ Dec 23 2003, 10:07 AM) Everyone always asks me what I want, but I would take one gift of their choosing over all the ones they will buy me on my "list". That would mean the world to me, it is the thought.
Now you tell me.

All women like suprises! Hope he gets you something special, Boss.

If he gets me something special it will be a surprise! I always get what's on my list. I did send some "hint" emails from the Zales website but I don't think that worked <_<

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
to quote a line from Christmas Vacation:
'dad, holidays were always such a mess. how did you get thru it?'
'well, i had a lot of help from jack daniels.'

hang in there boss! you're a tough wonderful cookie! i've learned a long time ago that sometimes, no matter what you do, your family will never be happy. do what you can to make you happy and healthy, and hopefully one day it will all fall into place. you got a great hubby, silly cats, and a wonderful life.
3 wonferful reasons to celebrate the season!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
If it`s any consolation.....At least you have you husband......."The Postmaster"

1 - 20 of 60 Posts