Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went fishing in the scr river this afternoon and started drifting down the river chugging just north of the state park, the wind was from the west so i had to keep moving back towards shore every once in a while so i was in canada, had a couple hits, but just as i got by the state park i thought i got a snag as the short rod i was using almost pulled out of my hand,as i pulled on it a little harder it started to pull back. LOL. faught it a while before i seen it but eventually got her in the boat, she measured 46 inches, i will try to crop and resize the pic later, its getting late tonite, didnt get any eyes but this made up for it

Attachments

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Like I said in my other posts, chugging is the ticket right now. Mabye next time you might want to try Marine city and flip some of those eyers that the rest of the chuggers are getting there.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Ok...whats chugging? Different name for whipping or.........

·
Registered
284 Posts
QUOTE(heimskr @ Jul 8 2009, 07:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ok...whats chugging? Different name for whipping or.........
more like jigging meets handlining its hands on u bounce a special made hook/sinker with a minnow on it off the bottom

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
nice fish and good report.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(boomhauer @ Jul 8 2009, 02:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Like I said in my other posts, chugging is the ticket right now. Mabye next time you might want to try Marine city and flip some of those eyers that the rest of the chuggers are getting there.

well i started out drifting by the marine city launch and was going to finish off the nite whipping in front of russel island, i got all set up by russel and when it started getting dark the skeetos drove me out of there, didnt have any bug spray and was wearing shorts, never seen the skeetos that bad, figured since i got the ski the day wasnt a loss LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts