Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to buy my 25 year old son-in law some cigars for Christmas but I know absolutely nothing about them. I haven't purchased a cigar in 30 years and when I walked into a cigar store last week, individual cigars cost as much as a whole box did when I was 25.
Any suggestions on something not too strong or expensive? I'd like to keep it in the $50-$60 range.

Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
962 Posts
QUOTE(Yurasis Dragon @ Nov 21 2009, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'd like to buy my 25 year old son-in law some cigars for Christmas but I know absolutely nothing about them. I haven't purchased a cigar in 30 years and when I walked into a cigar store last week, individual cigars cost as much as a whole box did when I was 25.
Any suggestions on something not too strong or expensive? I'd like to keep it in the $50-$60 range.

Thanks,
Bob

flavored or not? Acid has some really good flavored cigars

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
QUOTE(waterfordmatt @ Nov 21 2009, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Yurasis Dragon @ Nov 21 2009, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'd like to buy my 25 year old son-in law some cigars for Christmas but I know absolutely nothing about them. I haven't purchased a cigar in 30 years and when I walked into a cigar store last week, individual cigars cost as much as a whole box did when I was 25.

Thanks,
Bob

flavored or not? Acid has some really good flavored cigars

Taking that farther anything by Drew Estates is teriffic! From the Naturals line to the industrial press, Acid is great as well. There is also the java collection, along with many many more. Drew estates is on the cutting edge of cigars right now, and reasonably priced as well.
http://www.drewestate.com/home.html

The page is interesting to navigate but cool stuff here.

Also Romeo e Julieta is a good smoke reasonably priced as well

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
You can get cigar ratings HERE Alot depends on their score. The higher the score I personally think their more harsh, But you could always have a glass of CHAVEZ with em!

I order most of mine online thru Thompsons look under the "Gift" tab, I`m sure you will be able to find something.
I Wish my humidor was full,I`d set ya up no prob....

G/L
RK

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I order mine from Thompson as well and have for 20 years, they generally have the best prices and certainly are far less than a local humidor. If you stick to cigars from either Honduras or the Dominican Republic you should be fine. They tend to be on the mild side.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
What does your son-in-law drink primarily? Is he a beer guy? Mixed drink? Scotch and water? Lighter wrapper milder cigars are good for a beer drinker, medium wrappers are good for mix drinks (rum/coke; jack/coke; etc), darker wrappers are good for when sippin' straight scotch or whiskey. This is just my opinion of course.

As said above, you can't go wrong with Acids. They are a great cigar. Kuba Kuba is probably my favorite from that line.

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
QUOTE(raind2 @ Nov 21 2009, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Has anyone else noticed a difference in cigarattes recently? They don't smoke like they used too!

there are three letters on the side of the bar code that say "FSC" "Fire Safe Cigarettes" they burn out if you don't puff on them.

·
Registered
303 Posts
QUOTE(Chefnutz @ Nov 22 2009, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(raind2 @ Nov 21 2009, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Has anyone else noticed a difference in cigarattes recently? They don't smoke like they used too!

there are three letters on the side of the bar code that say "FSC" "Fire Safe Cigarettes" they burn out if you don't puff on them.

I was thinking that - time to roll our own.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts