Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am soo sick of watching the glowing cigarette butt fly out of the car in front of me and then hitting my car. Do people think that it is ok to litter like that? I mean, I don't throw my McDonald's bags out the window while I driving down the road.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
One of my pet peeves, Moneyshot. Why do smokers think that "all the world is their ash tray"? I swear car companies should just put a label on the front top of ever window that says "cigerette butts here" and quit putting ash trays in cars.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I hate that to......Even when I smoked I didn`t throw them outside....

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
me too ! I hate that !
Listen to this, this past summer, i was at a light, 10 & VanDyke, and this friggen beeotch flicked her nasty a$$ cigarette butt out the window, it went right in my car !landed on the seat ! I was so pissed !
I grabbed it, got out of the car, went to her window and said, what you dont have an ashtray in this piece of sh*t?
Here is your garbage, i don't appreciate you throwing it in my car ! and BY THE WAY IT IS LITTERING, she got shitty with me ! Like it was my fault !
Hate "rude" smokers !

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Oh Gooodie another cigarette bashing thread.

I came out of Bucemies to find a still smoking lit butt on my car hood by the windshield. Man I was pissed how adolecent is that.

Now Im not bashing Peeps who smoke. How ever I feel that anybody who is born AFTER 1982 or right around there. Well if they smoke it makes them look stupid.

Do you agree?

We older Peeps have a excuse. Smoking was cool and we didnt know any better. How ever, we all know whats up now, some of us havnt got the strength and will power to quit yet. But if I see someone under the age of 20-24 smoking. I think what a idiot.

Smokers if you could go back in time and not buy that first pack would you?

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
QUOTE(CBJ @ Dec 17 2003, 04:35 PM)Oh Gooodie another cigarette bashing thread.

I came out of Bucemies to find a still smoking lit butt on my car hood by the windshield. Man I was pissed how adolecent is that.
My car may resemble an ashtray but come on.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
QUOTE(CBJ @ Dec 17 2003, 05:35 PM)Oh Gooodie another cigarette bashing thread.

But if I see someone under the age of 20-24 smoking. I think what a idiot.

Smokers if you could go back in time and not buy that first pack would you?
I agree CBJ. I see so many kids still starting up now after all we know about them. Its just stupid. If I could go back I would not have been so dumb to ever start.

Going on 6 years now of freedom from tobacco enslavement.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
While in Louisiana last year I saw a billboard that said "Louisiana is not your ashtray!" I agree.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Even Phillip Morris has to put adds on TV explaining how bad smoking is for you.

In the last 10 years weve gotten so much more info on it. People say you drink and thats bad for you. But not many drinkers are chemically dependant on alcohol. I may be a heavy drinker but off n on Ill go 4 or 5 days with out a beer. Seriously sometimes even a week. I know sounds crazy but I do. Think of the consistency behind smoking.

When your sick you smoke, when your hung over you smoke, b4 bed, first thing in the AM, right after dinner, right after sex. Some people cant make it through a movie with out sneaking out 2 or 3 times for a smoke. When was the last time you went a few days with out a cigarette? You cant. You get headaches, and start screaming at people and literally start freaking out.

When I see a teenager smoking I say what a FN dumb a$$. When a young person smokes it is a sign that he or she lacks intelligence

I think people who smoke should have a special ID to get cigarettes and people who dont well they should never be a loud to dabble in it. If that was the case soon the complete opposite would happen. Young people would look smart for not smoking and all us old folks would be the ones lacking intelligence

Chemical dependancy is a awful thing.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Not only do I HATE people throwing cigarette butts out their car window but I REALLY HATE swimming with them in the Lake!!
Nothing nastier than walking down the gauntlet and pushing away floating cigarette butts! It's gross!
I don't throw my empty beer cans down the road when I'm done w/my traveler - nor do I toss my beer cans in the lake.
Some smokers say "well the cigarette butts disolve and break down to nothing.." blah blah blah - it's still littering!! And I wish they'd get fined! You can get tickets for spitting out your window so start getting the disrespectful smokers.
I obviously have friends that smoke and they are always careful about not littering!
No excuse for it!
I've never smoked and never will. Just too disgusting for me. And too expensive. I have a hard enough time paying for my drinking !!! haha

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
QUOTE(Evil Shot Girl @ Dec 17 2003, 05:20 PM)Some smokers say "well the cigarette butts disolve and break down to nothing.." blah blah blah - it's still littering!! And I wish they'd get fined!
I maybe wrong, but aren't the filters made of man made fibers? Gonna take a long time to dissolve rayon, nylon,or whatever ther're made from. I got a good friend of mine who rips off the tobacco/paper end and tosses that, but he always keeps the filter to get rid of properly.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
I smoke about once a month, we won't get into that now, and I hate it when people do that too.

When I did smoke "full-time" I never threw them out of the car, I piled them in the ashtray in my car and I also only ashed in the ashtray too.

Yes the tobacco companies are taking a responsiblity in educating the public with their new commercials. I used to work for Phillip Morris, part-time. I was one of those promotional cigarette people you run into at the bars. When Camel was giving you four packs of their cigarettes if you turned over your one pack of Marlboro's to them, Phillip Morris was trying something different.

We would go out to the bars, check I.D.'s, even scan them into the system for proof, and for those people over 21 they could participate in a very short survey, like five questions and we would give them a brand new zippo lighter in a case. People actually appreciated that "gift" more.

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
QUOTE(Boss @ Dec 17 2003, 06:39 PM)I smoke about once a month, we won't get into that now...
After sex??? I hope you have sex more than once a month...

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(Focker @ Dec 17 2003, 07:55 PM)QUOTE(Boss @ Dec 17 2003, 06:39 PM) I smoke about once a month, we won't get into that now...
After sex??? I hope you have sex more than once a month...

·
12,052 Posts
How about the loosers that open their door at a stop light and empty the whole f'n ashtray?

·
Registered
465 Posts
I'm a motorcyclist. I've had SO many people chuck 'em out in front of me. At least one ever time I ride.

The embers basically explode in your face! F&*%@ing dirt-bags! Look before you throw S#&t out a window!

Very sore subject for me. Ever had hot embers in you eye?

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(speedfreak @ Dec 17 2003, 08:28 PM)Very sore subject for me. Ever had hot members in your eye?

YEAH! BUT IT WASN'T TOTALLY ON PURPOSE. SHE SLIPPED OFF MY MOUTH. LOL !

·
Registered
465 Posts
QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ Dec 17 2003, 08:56 PM)QUOTE(speedfreak @ Dec 17 2003, 08:28 PM) Very sore subject for me. Ever had hot members in your eye?

YEAH! BUT IT WASN'T TOTALLY ON PURPOSE. HE SLIPPED OUT OF MY MOUTH. LOL !

So you went from
to
?

J/K!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts