Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of F-Bomb car show is going on today? I must've seen no less than 74,000 cars between 94 and Crocker this afternoon.

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
Just heard on the radio there are major traffic jams around there from that show!!!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I say a small article about it in the Sunday Macomb Daily. Some big muscle car rally driving through town and stopping at Metro Beach tonight for a couple hours.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
I just came through there, slow going all around Metro Parkway. There are some beautiful cars (& trucks) out there! Also a few sitting on the side of the freeway with the hoods up, overheated.

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
Heard it on the radio as I cruised past Metro exit and it was backed up/slow past 696. Only got a slim glimps of them waiting to exit there.

Had some crazy lady pulling an amsoil trailer 80 mph in the fast lane.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
The guys from Factory 5 Racing brought their GTM Super Car over to the shop for us to check out. Very Cool!!!!

After work, me and the family went over and caught the last couple hundred cars on their way out. Lots of nice iron out their!!

Similar to this one......

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
A lot of them spent the night at a hotel near 13 & Van ****, they were showing the parking lot on Fox 2 this morning.

Capt'n Rob you should get over there and pass out flyers for the Nautical Mile car cruise tomorrow night! Convince them to stay a couple more nights!

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
Hot rods rule beach
Published: Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Macomb Daily staff photos by Craig Gaffield Mark Widrig of Sterling Heights showed off the 1916 Buick T-bucket that he assembled himself.

Dave Mayer of Eastpointe stands by his 1969 Plymouth Road Runner while Terry King of Chesterfield Township checks out his 1971 Chevy Camaro Z28.

By Mitch Hotts, Macomb Daily Staff Writer

Larry Pixey of San Pierre, Ind., took a look at the hot rods and muscle cars parked at Metro Beach in Harrison Township on Tuesday afternoon and liked what he saw.

"It's nice to be in Michigan, the heart of it all," said Pixey, owner of a 1964 Chevrolet Nova SS.

Pixey was among the estimated 4,000 participants in the 2009 Hot Rod Magazine Power Tour, which roared into Metro Beach for a day of activities and displays of custom vehicles from everywhere from Georgia to Italy.

The event, sponsored by GM Performance Division, initially was scheduled to be held at the GM Tech Center in Warren but was moved to the beach along Lake St. Clair due to the uncertainty over General Motors' financial situation.

It's the fourth time the Power Tour was in Michigan and past locations included downtown Mount Clemens. Due to the large number of cars and spectators, promoters say they need an area with 25 acres of land to accommodate everything.

The 15th annual tour - Hot Rod Magazine's flagship event - departed June 6 in Madison, Wis., with seven stops in seven days, ending Friday in Bristol, Tenn.

Many of the participants are "long haulers," or classic car owners who hit the road for all seven dates, while others pop up along the schedule.

"This truly is a brotherhood of the car culture," said Jessica Hubley, marketing manager for Family Events, the Indianapolis-based company overseeing the tour. "These guys are just so passionate about their cars, they can't get enough of this."

Although the change of locations from Warren to Harrison Township caused some confusion, Hubley said promoters were delighted with the final outcome at the beach.

"This stop is just so beautiful," she said, looking out at the lake. "The ambience is very picturesque."

Harrison Township Supervisor Tony Forlini said the local businesses hoped to make sure visitors enjoyed their time in the lakefront community known as Boat Town.

"We've arranged for a shuttle bus to come through the beach parking lot for anyone who wants to get out to visit our restaurants," Forlini said. "We want to make sure their stay here is as good as possible."

Meanwhile, since Warren was the original location, the city of Warren and the Detroit Metro Convention & Visitors Bureau planned a free Rock & Rods Concert and Car Show at the Warren City Square featuring the Twistin' Tarantulas band.

Pixey, who attended the Power Tour with his wife, Margie, enjoyed being in the Motor City.

"These cars being made today are so jellybean," he said. "We like the old classics. We plan our year around this event."

http://macombdaily.com/articles/2009/06/10...00005553489.txt

Sure wish I had heard of this before hand.......

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
I knew a couple of people doing the whole run, and a couple of others meeting up in Detroit for the rest of the run. If I hadn't talked to them, I wouldn't have known it was happening. I went down and checked it out, it was pretty sweet. Saw smoky, and the bandit, chasing each other around the parking lot. Saw a lot of cool customs. I always appreciate the ones with a few blemishes the most. Saw an Ariel Atom and a Koenegsegg. Some really cool stuff there.

·
Registered
30 Posts
There were way too many cars out at Metro last tuesday. I play volleyball every tuesday at the beach and it took for ever to get there. It's nice that they used the beach to bring some money in there but holy crap it was ridicuolous. It took me 15 minutes to get out of that place. Though haven't seen that parking lot that filled that much in years. Oh well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts