Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
When did they add the feature to change your own screen name in My Controls/Profile?

Font Rectangle Screenshot Technology Software

Attachments

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
HM new to me

but why do you want to do that other then do a permenate change like a couple of you's

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have any reason to change mine. But folks have done it in the past. Before we had to get a letter from the Pope and the Capt'ns blessing.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Now why would I want to change my screen name?

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
might have something to do with the ongoing use of an alias name ? or perhaps to call attention to it.
some accountability ?? I dunno...don't care...I've thought about changing my name a few times..and I still might...but...Convincor has forbid it.

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
QUOTE(Snowbi-Wan @ Aug 27 2009, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Now why would I want to change my screen name?
Usually it's because someone wants to go from a dorky screen name to an even dorkier one.

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts

Name changes are a popular request because people don't realize when they sign up how important their display names are, or sometimes confuse the login name and display name. I made the change a couple weeks ago to allow member to edit their own. I think people should be able to make the change on their own. I think with the limitation on the number of changes that can be made, it limits the potential for abuse. Although, I probably should change it to 1 change in 90 days. Time will tell!

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
QUOTE(LakeNewbie @ Aug 27 2009, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>chris...maybe you should change yours

I mean....25 ?? who r u trying to kid ??

Im going to change it to ChriznatDLX..... I dont know why.. it just sounds like a pimp name.. or a cheeseburger from rallys or something

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
I'm still waiting for the option to change other people's screen names.

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE(LakeNewbie @ Aug 27 2009, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Snowbi-Wan @ Aug 27 2009, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm still waiting for the option to change other people's screen names.

ohhhhhhhhhhhh that would be bad.....so much fun....but bad...no no....bad bad....

Ohhhh, that would be cool. Like on your cell phone. When someone calls it shows their phone number, unless you have them in your phone book, then it shows it with whatever you name them in there. I think that's a feature that they could get people to pay money for.

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE(Soo Sassy @ Aug 27 2009, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Snowbi-Wan @ Aug 27 2009, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Now why would I want to change my screen name?

You can't change it from Snowmaker, it's just not right! Change it back!

Like anybody wouldn't be able to tell it's him.

At least he didn't go for Qui-Gon Rum or something like that.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
QUOTE(Snowbi-Wan @ Aug 27 2009, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Now why would I want to change my screen name?

I would be more worried about that disturbing avatar more than the screen name.

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
QUOTE(Stodge @ Aug 27 2009, 11:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Soo Sassy @ Aug 27 2009, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Snowbi-Wan @ Aug 27 2009, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Now why would I want to change my screen name?

You can't change it from Snowmaker, it's just not right! Change it back!

Like anybody wouldn't be able to tell it's him.

At least he didn't go for Qui-Gon Rum or something like that.

It's just that he's been snowmaker for so long, it's just weird

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.