Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
They need to change To Protect and Serve on the car doors to...

To Tax and be a Nuisense... and cost you more money than just paying your large amount of taxes you already pay.

fREEDOM SHOULD BE WETHER YOU WANT TO WEAR A SEAT BELT OR NOT.
I ALWAYS WEAR MINE, BUT I CAN SEE A BETTER USE FOR THEIR TIME, TALK TO KIDS IN SCHOOLS ABOUT DRUGS, AND STUFF, VERSES NAILING UNSUSPECTING MOTORISTS WITH A CITATION TO RAISE REVENEW.
OR STOPPING AND ACTUALLY HELPING PEOPLE ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD, WICH I SEE THEM ALWAYS DRIVE BY WHEN A LADY HAS A FLAT TIRE ON THE EXPRESS WAY

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
i got nailed there a year ago on that click it and ticket it thing.

there is also a set up on the sw corner of harper & 10 mile for people on 10 mile going towards jefferson in scs!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Jun 2 2004, 01:47 PM)i got nailed there a year ago

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I remember when they promised never to pull you over for just no belt

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Those jerks all need to die!!!!!!
Rot in hell!
That same corner I got a ticket last year and I WAS WEARING MY SEAT BELT.

CPOS ARE CROOKED! I know that one of the shariffs does illeagal drugs.

My brother has met a few other officers that smoke pot.
What a legal system

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ Jun 2 2004, 01:45 PM)They need to change To Protect and Serve on the car doors to...

To Tax and be a Nuisense... and cost you more money than just paying your large amount of taxes you already pay.

Where I come from, the law is for 18 and under must wear seat belts. Adults are allowed to make their own choice. Same thing with helmets...also NO sales or income taxes.

Live Free or Die!

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
QUOTE(damn yankee @ Jun 2 2004, 08:23 PM)QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ Jun 2 2004, 01:45 PM)They need to change To Protect and Serve on the car doors to...

Where I come from, the law is for 18 and under must wear seat belts. Adults are allowed to make their own choice. Same thing with helmets...also NO sales or income taxes.

Live Free or Die!
Why can't the public just vote on these things? I'm sure that if they could they would all agree with you. I know that I do.

·
Registered
161 Posts
QUOTE(Kat @ Jun 2 2004, 08:11 PM)Those jerks all need to die!!!!!!
Rot in hell!
That same corner I got a ticket last year and I WAS WEARING MY SEAT BELT.

CPOS ARE CROOKED! I know that one of the shariffs does illeagal drugs.

My brother has met a few other officers that smoke pot.
What a legal system

HHHHHMMMMM......with that type of attitude Kat, I can see why you got your ticket. I'm sure none of your Mary Kay associates have ever done anything they are'nt supposed to....right..??

As a local member of the boys in blue, I can most assuredly tell you that most of those officers DO NOT like giving you those tickets any more than you like getting them. Like most of you, our bosses tell us what we must do. We don't have to like it, but we must do it. As the old saying goes...."Don't shoot the messenger."

Oh, and by the way Kat, you did vote for this tedious law when you cast your vote for the current politicians who are in office. I'm assuming you did vote, based on your post, you seem to be a very intelligent and well spoken member of our society.

Please pardon me if I seem to be spitting a little venom here. As many of you may have read or heard about, a very well respected and highly decorated officer from Bloomfield Twp was in fact killed just two weeks ago by a drunk driver. I was at the scene of the incident, I was one of many officers trying to save his life at the scene to no avail. He was not a jerk Kat...he was a friend...and I can assure you he will not be rotting in hell.

Take a good long look at Kats post....it's just a prime example why many of my brothers and sisters have a poor attitude toward the general public. We may get paid to put up with your poor attitudes and opinions, but we don't have to like it one bit. And unfortunately for those that show us any hint of an attutude like Kats, we are blessed with the tools to screw with you to no end...

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
QUOTE(jethro @ Jun 3 2004, 03:41 AM)we are blessed with the tools to screw with you to no end...
Jethro, your last sentence is the only part of your post I disagree with.

·
Registered
161 Posts
QUOTE(rfdeiter @ Jun 3 2004, 05:40 AM)QUOTE(jethro @ Jun 3 2004, 03:41 AM) we are blessed with the tools to screw with you to no end...
Jethro, your last sentence is the only part of your post I disagree with.
I did'nt suspect many people would agree with that. I have no problem with that.

I was told I was a jerk, needed to die and rot in hell and accused of being crooked......all in two short sentences...!!!

It would only take the utterence of one of those wonderful quotations to inspire me to provide my full service on a traffic stop...politely of course, with a smile on my face and completely within the full confines of the law....dirty I am not, proud of my profession and mindful of my life I am. Put yourself in my shoes and try to tell me you'd be any different

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
It's the politicians that want our money. I know it's not a realistic example, but thats why you don't see a "Rob a gas station and go to jail operation" where cops would sit at gas stations waiting for them to be robbed. Why? becuase their's no money in it.

Click it or ticket operation
absolutly no benifit to society.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
Jethro,
I have never met you, but you seem pretty level headed.
But you know as well as I do, some have egos that reach the moon, and combined that with an attitude, both sides lose, police and pedestrians. Police because people do not like them for the tactics they must use today, via politicians laws, boss;s need for revenew, and so on, and people because police seem to not be as tolererant to the one person who truly made a mistake, but he will pay because of the presence of the other dispicable people in his mind.
It is not a good situation for either parties....But we have severe case of terrorism being thrown in our faces from our government, and that calls for all to work together, and is it the thought that overtime, and extra policing will be needed, therefor, tickets will be handed out for silly things as such as seat belts will help pay for it?
I seem 6 police last friday between schoenherr and v.d. had people pulled over for seat belts, all at the same time....now if our government would aproach terrorism the same way we may make some head way. I understand you are doing what your told, but how do you think it makes us people feel when our own government is basically gunning for us for money.

rfdieter, I agree, we are blessed with the tools to screw you to know end is not a very settling statement, cause we all know it only takes one bad day and you can be out alot of $$ , and feel demoralized, and have this appauling feeling towards them. I hope you can seee it from our side too. You do have a tough job, and the way your bosses want to represent your authority does not help you, and your cause.
People try to remeber the police work for the same people who said the lotto money is for the school system, yet the school systems are always hurting, layoffs, program cuts for the kids, and yet the lotto is always 50-60+ million, where is all this money going, add it up, compounded interest, there is a sh*t load of money going somewhere.....so just a reminder, they are messengers, but i wish it wasn't so.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
QUOTE(Kat @ Jun 2 2004, 08:11 PM)Those jerks all need to die!!!!!!
Rot in hell!
CPOS ARE CROOKED!
WOW! I take much offense to that comment Kat.

I come from a family of Police Officers and i am very grateful for what they have done with their careers.
I would not classify my father as a jerk and IN NO WAY think that he needs to die because of his career path!
For you to say what you did is just wrong... maybe you should not classify ALL cops in the category you did- TO ROT IN HELL AND DIE!!! I am just floored you felt like you could say that!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
WOW~Harsh words....would never wish for anyone to die.

They are only doing their jobs....don't forget, everybody has a boss that shoots the orders out
They may not like it, but it is their job. PERIOD. (think I've said this before)

I wear mine, even thought I don't like to. I look at it this way, what if I died in a accident and my life insurance wouldn't pay my family because I didn't have my belt on....Something simple to do, but do forget from time to time.

Kinda like the helmet laws. I think it should be a personal choice.

I think the cops like the belts.....they know where to find you in a accident.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Generalizations get us in trouble, people. Quite a few of us remember the "powerloading" thread. Kat, I would ask you to walk a mile in someone's shoes before making an offensive, judgemental statement like this again.

Are some cops crooked? Sure. Would I do their job for the same lousy hours, dismal pay and risk of life and limb? Not in a million years. I respect police officers and the jobs they do. I teach my children to do the same.

Jethro, please don't generalize all women (and Mary Kay customers) as people who think the same way as Kat. We don't.

Peace out,
Christine

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Imagine the chaos if all cops rotted and died.....

I have gotten my share of tickets and every time I do I tell myself they are doing their job and I did break the law.

No problemo....

1 - 20 of 39 Posts