Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday morning 6AM on Clinton river-no wind or current. Could not believe the amount of BIG tree trunks, branches, and parts of docks just free floaton in the center of the river!!-Came back in around 11Am as a Sheriff's boat was entering the lake-right in the center of the outboand channel was a tree trunk causing boats to move over to the inbound lanes- the Sheriff just went around it. Who ( If anyone) is responsible to keep this stuff out of the river? At least 10 of the floates I saw were capable of trering up an outdrive or someones props. Wouldn't want to try the river at night!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
BOBB

I noticed your uscg sympol, were in in CG?

When I was in CG we used to tow all kinds of stuff out of LSC. We towed a picnic table once and a utilitie pole and a few logs, etc. The rivers might be a seperate type of jurisdiction I dont know. (dont remember sorry). I always enjoyed a good long slow tow in with a picnic table or log in tow. Hail the Coast Guard on 16 and they will switch you up to working station like 68 or 69 and ask them. At the same time your getting your radio check.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I recently joined the Auxilarry-( also just became Crew Qualified). Being previous CG you might want to check it out, there are a few other LSCN members that joined.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Congrats

I know crew cert. training takes about 8 to 10 weeks of meeting once or twice a week.(sort of forgot)
Was at a winter meeting, I e-mailed for a courtesy exam for my boat. If I dont get response via e-mail or call at home I might go to Thursday's meeting. You guys volunteer a lot of your time and deserve a lot of credit. I work weekends and have off Mondays and Tuesdays or I might have joined. Was out last night with junior (son) in the bay winds out of the east really had the waves coming in, pretty bumpy ride, could only go 25mph, couple rain clouds, we were only going out for a few hours. Im still looking for one of my ice shanties that blew away towards Canada. oops Wrong discusion board, take care.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Started crew training in February!!- A lot of training, but well worth it. Our (SCS) flotilla 14-19 usually meets on the first Thursday of the month but got pushed back a wk. due to the holiday. Pm me if you want to come, we can hook up for a beer before the meeting.

·
Registered
833 Posts
QUOTE(Letz party @ Jul 7 2004, 02:35 PM)I e-mailed for a courtesy exam for my boat.
If you still need a Vessel Examination just let me know and I'll jump on it. You can respond here or PM me.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Mr Big can you give Patriot a Vessel Examination? Will he get the current "04" sticker?

Also can you list everything that you check out in a exam?

·
Registered
833 Posts
No problem J. If he passes he will get the '04 sticker. Some of the things we check are PFD's (CG approved and in good overall condition), fire extuishers (good overall shape and operational), Nav lights (functional), electrical wiring (no crowes nests'), flame arrestors (clean), sound producing device (horn, whistle), and flares (current '04), and lettering (block style, 3" ). There's probably a few more, but thats it in a nutshell. We'll get this done soon, I'll be in touch.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Bobb

Getting exam tomorrow night by Aux member from your flotila. just talked to him on phone Thanks. Previous post by Mr Big says 04 flares, thanks for the reminder I think I have dates of 06 on them I dodnt know will this prevent decal?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Mr Big

Thanks, all set for this year, I had a e-mail into AUX, website for exam, have inspection set up for tommorrow.
See ya on the water, Ill be the one with 2004 decal, hopefully.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts