Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some friends are bringing there boat over for the jobbie nooner party and want to launch as close as possible to the island to avoid crossing the lake in a small craft. (ski boat) What launch and route do you all think is the best choice?

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I think there's one (or a couple) on Harsens Island. That would be a short hop to Gull. Maybe Sunbums know...

·
Registered
299 Posts
If they don't want to take the ferry,do the algonac thing, limited parking would be on Harsens by Browns, but I haven't been through that cut this year so couldn't tell you about the depth, sorry

Tony

·
Registered
954 Posts
the lauch by Browns would be the closest just go back to the middle channel Or you could use the lauch in Algonac just before the Harbor club. then down the north channel to the middle to Gull.

G

·
Well, the closest (as far as miles go) is Metro Beach launch. But if you avoiding big boat wake with a little boat, than Harsens Island or Algonac will be best.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
There is a launch in Little Muscamoot near Browns but it is a sand launch.......I doubt you will have any fun with a ski boat. I would suggest putting in at either Algonac, The North Channel Access, or Metro. Just go early and you should be fine.

Mini

·
Registered
991 Posts
The DNR ramp in Algonac is the best one, just cut over to the Middle Channel, I used that ramp a lot when I ran my Hydrostream. Do note there is a sand bar across the front of the ramp where it gets deeper before getting shallow and you need to keep the motor up and idle out quite a ways.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you everyone for the help. I'll pass it along to my friend along with a copy of the chart.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
There is a launch at Walker's! Just a hop, skip & jump away!

·
12,052 Posts
You beat me to it Wiz!! Walkers is definately the closest. I was by the launch by Browns on Saturday, lot of people there. If you go through little muscamoot STAY TO THE LEFT when you exit the cut into the bay. There is a lone cottage on an island on the right with weeds ahead. Cut left ONLY. I hit bottom in my dinghy on the right side so even a jet boat probably wouldn't make it. My overall suggestion... go under the bridge, back by Brown's down the middle channel off to gull.

Metro the closest????

G

·
IF YOU HAVE THE STONES, YOU COULD DROP OFF AT THE HARSENS ISLAND FERRY, PUSH THE BOAT OFF THE FERRY,
AND YOU SHOULD BE GOOD TO GO

1 - 12 of 12 Posts