Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went back out again last night and fished from 5:30 till 7pm. Ended up with 3 keepers out of 13 fish. This time the teardrop was way outperforming the jigging rapala. Fish just kept inhaling the teardrop costing me valuable time getting it out. When I left last night at 7pm the fish were still biting strong but had one take the jig too far down and ended up losing it so I put that pole away then caught one on the jigging rapala and ended up embedding the hook into my glove so good that I had to bend the hooks to get it out. Finally had enough and packed it in.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
That's one of the reasons i go barbless. #1 reason is if the hook got in me i would be able to take it right out. Way to catch fish. Also alot easier to take hook out of fish. I don't lose many at all going barbless.

h2o<---good fishing

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip H20 will have to give it a try. Plan on heading out there on Saturday and Sunday after a couple of days of trying to repair this marriage. Have been spending way too much time on the water this year (at least in her opinion).

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
I found fish tremble to settle things with the better half, and this works.
stop and get her something anything, food prize ect. going or coming home from fishing. See than they want you to go for the prize. lol

h2o<---no charge

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's hilarious!! She has been wise enough to turn this to her advantage already. Each night I have gone out I have had tasks that must be done when I come home. Last night was picking up groceries for a birthday party we are having this Saturday for our oldest daughter. The night before I had to build one of those great build it yourself file wood file cabinets that had about 100pcs. to it but the instructions only had 3 steps to get from point A to Z with the most horrible illustrations I have seen yet. I am starting to think I am getting the short end of the stick on this deal.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
madman See if you take me fishing I'll out fish you because you'll be laughing so hard you'll tear up and won't be able to net the fish with blurred vision. lol also fish tremble. The honey due list is the key to gain fishing rights. There should be a book out on how to make the wife happy on our return. I learned through the years a few tricks. Like never be crabby even if your tired like we always are. Pick something up for her most of the time. Ask her if there is something I can do for her the day before I go. I just feel better fishing knowing the wifie isn't upset for sure lol.

h2o<--is supported by wifie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts