Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey kids, spring is on its way and you know what that means….Yep, softball.
Do you play softball? Have you ever played softball and want to play again? Have you ever wanted to play softball but were too afraid to try?

Instead of doing the usual Wednesday night men's league this year I was thinking about putting together a co-ed team. This will be a just for fun team. While it's always nice to win, I would rather have fun and loose then make it feel like work and win all the time.
We will be playing at Total Sports in Mt. Clemens .We will play every other week on Friday nights and every week we play will be a DH.(double header) Game times will be 8:20 & 9:25 beginning the week of April 5.
I have some people signed up already but I am looking for 7 more males & 7 more
females. I would like to have at least 18 people on the team for those weeks someone can't make it or in case someone can't play both games. All are welcome!

I have someone looking around trying to find me a team sponsor. If she finds one, playing will be free if they cover the fees and buy shirts. If they only cover ½ the fees and by shirts the cost will be about $25 per regular player and the subs will play for free.
If no sponsor is found it will cost about $87 + shirts per person. One thing I have learned in the past is if a bar sponsors a team they like to see the team in there every now and then so you will be expected to go out after the games once in a while.

I plan to start having practices about three weeks before the first game and you will be expected to attend most of the practice sessions. I would like to have two sessions per week. While the object is to have fun, I don't want to look like a bunch of fools out there.

PM me or reply to this if you want to play or need more info.
Thanks,
Gregg

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Gregg,

I may be interested. I'll already be playing softball once a week so I'll have to see how the wife feels about a second night of ball playing - 2 trap shooting leagues, 2 jobs, softball... it may be a tough one to get approved. I play pitcher, short, third, and occasionally out field.
alan

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I've pitched for twenty years, may be available............unsure right now though. Already play for another team on Sundays, not sure if I want to play multiple days a week. Will let you know.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
I throw like a school girl and run like Fibi (Febe?) in the park, from Friends
I cant play but i'll cheer ya on!

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Count me in but good luck making this fly. Tried to last year and just couldn't get folks to commit!

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Are there any girls out there with pitching skills?? If you can fill that spot with a girl it is a huge positive for your overall defense.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, there's still some time and I am hopefull.....

If it don't work out I'll just play my reg. Wed. nite league....

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
QUOTE(Captain Dan @ Feb 9 2004, 07:01 PM)Donna Bella & I are in! She can pitch.

Does that make you the catcher Dan.

I would be interested also.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i know i dont know must of you but i would be interested in playing. played ball for about 16 years but havent played in about 6 or 7 do to the fact i dont know alot of people in this area and it was getting harder to get everyone to show up. so if you need someone you can count me in. always up for some ball and meeting new friends and yes cold beer!!! i'm sure i could get another person to if really needed. well just let me know if you need me and i will be there. later

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I may be up for playing a good excuse to come down and hang out when I move to BFE....!!
I play all positions have a rocket for an arm. On coed teams I'm good for short stop, 2nd or 3rd base. Any outfield. NOOOOOOOO catcher for me. Can hit too if I do say so myself.....
I've played softball half my life is all!

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
i can't commit to fridays due to job... and also because i have that sh*tty knee.

BUT!!

i am a great scorekeeper!
nights i am not working i will keep score, but i'm pretty booked thru to may on fridays.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
No code-

I would be very interested in playing except the every other Friday is the one that I have my kids

I can sub or try to bring the girls or see if I can switch w/ thier dad..... if I bring them, then no bar for me afterwards

I like to play first base, I can hit the ball but I run like a girl
not very good in competitive leagues but I do like to play for fun

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Do to a lack of female players, I am forced to give up my dream of having a coed softball team this year.
I will be joining my usual Wed. night mens team and maybe a coed team that might need a player or two.

If any guys out there want to play on Wed. night, let me know and I'll call you if we need players on our team.

Thanks,
Gregg

1 - 20 of 25 Posts