Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if its hurting my boat with all these low temp nights. I'm schedules to be pulled out this friday 11-14-03. How long does it take to get freeze damage such as cracked block or manifolds? I've already winterized the head and fresh water system.

·
12,052 Posts
Some people that are in late hang a light bulb/trouble light in the engine compartment for a little heat. Thats kinda pushing it with it dropping around 20 degrees like it did last weekend.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
I will agree with Hammer. The light bulb works. However, the other day we had a couple of hard frosts because of the very low temps. Thats not good. If you haven't winterized your boat and had a 4 or 5 day span of frozen temps. You would be looking at a cracked block. You need to get that thing winterized.

G

·
You're better off than most who haven't winterized yet since your boat is in the water. The water is cold, but it's warmer than the air was when we got the frost. That can keep the inside of the boat at a higher temperature than a boat sitting on land. Once you pull it, be sure to winterize it when it comes out. If you can't do it then, at least drain the water out of the engines and hoses.

Good luck, you may still be OK...

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its a lot warmer under the cover so I think I'll be ok.
I'm having Blaze Marine do it right out of the water at 1:00 PM this friday. I'm going for the engine winterize and oil change special. Its a good deal even without the 10% LSCN discount! I'm also going to have Blaze do the shrinkwrap although he can't get to for a while cause he's real busy. That works for me anyway cause I'm removing the front windows to fix the leaky seals over the winter. The previous owner just gooped a bunch of silicone and painted it black to match the frames but they still leaked and looked like crap. Luckily I found a place on the web that had the seal material for $3.50 per foot.
This will make a neet winter project!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts