Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW is much cheaper for digital cable and cable internet. Any pros/cons from anyone that has used them??

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Dana @ May 12 2003, 03:04 PM)WOW is much cheaper for digital cable and cable internet. Any pros/cons from anyone that has used them??
Talk to Campari.

G

·
i've had both,
wow is much friendlier as far as customer sevice & computer support thas scamcast, uummm i mean comcast ever was& for 1/2 the price
i'm getting the analog basic cable tv w/remote & the slowest internet service .
no problems with any services at all.
comcast was out every motn fixing the wire out on the pole !
the line men kept putting the wires in the way of the squirrels main travel way,
they in turn kept chewing thru the wire.
well so far so good
just my $.02
keith

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Aside from the cost, I haven't had one problem in the almost 2 years I've had Comcast.

I just called and had them lower my payment so that I wouldn't have switch to something else. I'm now paying $70 a month for it all.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like Comcast, they are just expensive! And I didn't want to switch to find out WOW stinks. Snowmaker, do you have any movie channels? I have to have HBO for Sex in the City and Sopranos!

·
Registered
317 Posts
QUOTE(Dana @ May 12 2003, 03:38 PM)Smalls and Hollie, don't kill me! Love you!!!!!!!!!!

I am cracking up Dana!! Dana call an say you are going to switch and you will get a cheeper rate for 12 months.......................

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Dana @ May 12 2003, 03:37 PM)I like Comcast, they are just expensive! And I didn't want to switch to find out WOW stinks. Snowmaker, do you have any movie channels? I have to have HBO for Sex in the City and Sopranos!
I've never had pay channels. No need for them, don't want them. I've never seen Sopranos or any HBO series. Boss wanted her Playboy Channel, but I refused to pay for it.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Smalls @ May 12 2003, 03:41 PM)QUOTE(Dana @ May 12 2003, 03:38 PM) Smalls and Hollie, don't kill me! Love you!!!!!!!!!!

I am cracking up Dana!! Dana call an say you are going to switch and you will get a cheeper rate for 12 months.......................
That's what I did.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(The Perfect Fit @ May 12 2003, 03:47 PM)Poop... They don't offer WOW in my area... Go Figure///
Same here.

·
Registered
317 Posts
QUOTE(The Perfect Fit @ May 12 2003, 03:47 PM)Poop... They don't offer WOW in my area... Go Figure///
You could say you are switching to a dish and they will do ANYTHING to keep you as a customer!!

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
I just ordered DSL. It is 29.95 which is cheaper than any cable. We'll see about the speed though. Supposedly it is faster too unless therer are multiple users. I don't watch tv so there is no need to spend the extra for cable. If I was a tv junkie, I might think differently and have a cable modem for the package deal. Just my .02

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
QUOTE(HazyMemory @ May 12 2003, 04:04 PM)I just ordered DSL. It is 29.95 which is cheaper than any cable. We'll see about the speed though. Supposedly it is faster too unless therer are multiple users. I don't watch tv so there is no need to spend the extra for cable. If I was a tv junkie, I might think differently and have a cable modem for the package deal. Just my .02
$ 29.95 for how long????

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
anyone have the number to w.o.w. ?
what area do they cover ?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks everyone ! I was thinking I'd call Comcast to tell them what I've been offered and let them match it. Smalls should I say I AM switching, or that I'm just trying to price match??!

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
QUOTE(Madmax @ May 12 2003, 03:10 PM)QUOTE(HazyMemory @ May 12 2003, 04:04 PM) I just ordered DSL. It is 29.95 which is cheaper than any cable. We'll see about the speed though. Supposedly it is faster too unless therer are multiple users. I don't watch tv so there is no need to spend the extra for cable. If I was a tv junkie, I might think differently and have a cable modem for the package deal. Just my .02
$ 29.95 for how long????
1 year. SBC Ameritech / Yahoo

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ May 12 2003, 03:12 PM)anyone have the number to w.o.w. ?
Eddie,

Go to google and type in Wide Open West. On their website they actually have a spot where you can type in your zip code and they will tell you if they can offer you their services in your area.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(Boss @ May 12 2003, 03:17 PM)QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ May 12 2003, 03:12 PM) anyone have the number to w.o.w. ?
Eddie,

Go to google and type in Wide Open West. On their website they actually have a spot where you can type in your zip code and they will tell you if they can offer you their services in your area.
chanks boss-o !

1 - 20 of 58 Posts