Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My two brother's and I fished the canal at Compass Pointe Marina Sat. a.m. from about 8:00 - 11:00 a.m. The bite was really slow and it was mostly dink bluegill and perch. We did manage 4 keeper perch and 5 bluegill. There were a few other folks out there and their story was much the same. One of the guys I talked to said the afternoon bite tends to be a little better so we might have to try that the next time.

There was at least a foot of good ice and the water was quite clear, although this rain might stir things up a bit. We caught our fish on a mixed bag of waxworms and spikes on teardrops and minnows on a plain hook. There really didn't seem to be a top producer.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
QUOTE(fasteddie @ Jan 25 2010, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My two brother's and I fished the canal at Compass Pointe Marina Sat. a.m. from about 8:00 - 11:00 a.m. The bite was really slow and it was mostly dink bluegill and perch. We did manage 4 keeper perch and 5 bluegill. There were a few other folks out there and their story was much the same. One of the guys I talked to said the afternoon bite tends to be a little better so we might have to try that the next time.

There was at least a foot of good ice and the water was quite clear, although this rain might stir things up a bit. We caught our fish on a mixed bag of waxworms and spikes on teardrops and minnows on a plain hook. There really didn't seem to be a top producer.

nice report

1 - 2 of 2 Posts