Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who here makes house calls? i have NO idea how to do what to my computer to make it better and i am frustrated!!

the only problem i am encountering is with the internet. sometimes it just stops working for the net and email. now what i type isn't showing up on screen for a couple of seconds and it's frustrating me. when my internet freezes up and i ctl+alt+del to close it, it closes all internet windows.

on norton scans, no virus is detected and i have no idea what the heck to do!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

HELP!!!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Have you gone to microsoft.com to see if there are any updates you need lately? It may not help with the problem, but it wouldn't hurt.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
start with the basics..

make sure your Norton anti-virus has latest definitions.

and run SpyBot. Search for SpyBot Search and Destroy on google. This will find and eliminate most Spyware if it exists.

and like Snowmaker said, make sure you have latest updates from Microsoft via the Windows Update function.

how much free space on hard drive?

has it been defraged lately?

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Mine does that too once in a while but only when iam running roxio cd burning prgm..

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(spacelord @ Jul 24 2004, 10:47 AM)and run SpyBot. Search for SpyBot Search and Destroy on google. This will find and eliminate most Spyware if it exists.
I use the Ad-aware myself:

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(bobrob @ Jul 24 2004, 10:47 AM)Mine does that too once in a while but only when iam running roxio cd burning prgm..
yeah, i get that , too when i run it, but i ain't running it and it's about hte same.

ok... off to do all that stuff you guys recommended! will report back in moments!

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
they say if you use Spybot and Adaware you get MOST of the spyware.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I usually throw Pest Patrol and CWShredder into the mix as well.

CK, if you are still having problems, shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ran spy ware. found 1776 bad products, abnd blocked em.
scanned system and found about 50 items in red that i removed.

and now i'm thinking that maybe it's just with LSCN. because my typing time is still lagging. could that bne possible?

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DANG! it seems like my sites are loading quicker now.
i also downloaded adaware, too! quick!

BUT TYPING ON LSCN IS NOT WORKING SO GOOD!! it's lagging BIG time.

captains? any thoughts? i'm outtie for the day, now , tho.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
typing into a textbox on a webpage should generally have nothing to do with the website you are on.

how much free space on your C: drive?

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
QUOTE(spacelord @ Jul 24 2004, 08:31 PM)typing into a textbox on a webpage should generally have nothing to do with the website you are on.

how much free space on your C: drive?
37.24 capacity
27.57 free space

lscn is the only site i am having problems with this 'lagging' issue. when i terminate by using 'ctl+alt+del", i get a pop up that says: "The instruction at '0x77f58024' referenced memory at '0x08010000'. the memory could not be written. click ok to terminate the program." what does tha tmean?

thanks, foreverbass. i just may do that because i have to wait 40 seconds to see what i've typed.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
hmm... if its only slow when typing, I am not sure whats up with that... maybe some javascript or something.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well, it's not jus tthe typing, the ads to the side that 'rotate' skip like the typing does.

i defraged, i downloaded all updates, i have spyware and adware, ... and this sucks. blah!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Maybe you just type too fast.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Call Zak Computers 586-412-1300. There South of 21 Mile and East of Hayes in a Strip mall.

They give me tons of over the phone advice and I don't have to say this is so and so and that I spent 3 grand in there building 4 computers.

My moms pc had the sasser virus that popped up a window and put it in a shut down mode, then it would work fine for a while, after rebooting I bought her anti-virus software from Zak's and UPS it to her up North.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
With Spybot and Adaware, make sure you run Spybot first, and then delete everything in the Recovery. If you don't do that before Adaware, Adaware will think Spybot it is a bot and quarantine it. I delete all my quarantined items right away too, so they are off my computer.

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
I ran spybot the other day and it found 170 bad files in the red zone... I deleted them and did a reboot and now my computer at home runs a lot faster,, Not on the internet due to a slow connection but as much as doing tasks on the computer...
Should I also run adaware???

1 - 20 of 21 Posts