Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alex and his partner Dave Carter (the little one...lol) won the GNT Elite on Saginaw Bay today. Great job "edging" us out by over a pound in a day that was not very condusive to fishing, or anything else on the water.....

We fininshed a life risking second.

Well done guys.

Now that the "Spring" weather is behind us, I would like to extend an invite to all to come fish the GNT events. A great time and great people. Even when you are soaked to the bone.

Mini

PS Alex, tell Dave I will bill him for the Gore-Tex rental...lol

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
There was definitely no taming that bay yesterday. But we took what Mother Nature had to throw at us and were fortunate enough to come out on top. I'm not sure what we were more excited about, making it back with no damage reports (body and boat) or the win. Of course it is always nice to see Mini in the rearview.
Congrats on 2nd by the way, you guys have balls of steel.

I've always said fishing is 80% skill and 20% luck. Yesterday we were able to get both. We found a solid group of untouched fish Friday afternoon. Fortunately for us a few of them stuck around after the low pressure moved in and we were able to get in a few casts before it became too silted over. Our 3 good fish all came within a 1/2hr of blast-off. My legs are sore from standing on the trolling motor at full bore for 4hrs. Not to mention the header I took in the water trying to keep us off a gravel bar and the wicked and I mean wicked ride home. We were soaked, shivering, and on the trailer by 12:45. That was the longest 2.5hrs of my life! It was certainly an eventful Birthday! Thanks to Extreme Bass Tackle for providing the tubes and jig heads used in our victory and Jan's Sport Shop for keeping my vessel in tip top shape to handle those conditions.

As Mini said we hope to see more of you out for the GNT trail as the weather becomes warmer. It's always a good time and Doug is constantly giving away FREE gear. How many rods, bags, chairs, gift certificates, etc have you given away this year? I swear you have a mini-Bass Pro Shops in the back of that truck. Besides, if I can win, so can you!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Good job guys you deserve the win I think that day was the most trechorous day of heavy winds I every experienced and I stayed home in the bay and I have that big ole Walleye boat. All you guys ARE and have the kahunas great job.
Mike
www.erieanglers.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts