Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im constantly being logged out if I leave the site and then return. I always check the "leave me logged in" button, but it doesnt seem to help. Sometimes I remain logged in, but more often than not I get logged out. Its not just this forum either, it happens on my home brew forum as well as facebook and such...

I use a sprint mobile broadband card for internet access, could this be the problem? What can I check to try to find the issue?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Sometimes that happens to me too, but when I go into, say The Boathouse, and just click again "The LSCN Boathouse" on the top left, my name shows up like magic. maybe give it a shot?

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
This has happened to me for a while, too. I found just kicking and hitting my computer really hard seems to make me feel better.

If you go straight to the forums and click Boathouse from there, it should work for you.

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(nitwit @ Jun 30 2009, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sometimes that happens to me too, but when I go into, say The Boathouse, and just click again "The LSCN Boathouse" on the top left, my name shows up like magic. maybe give it a shot?

sometimes that does the trick, but not all the time...

I just started noticing this about a week, but I figured it was my fiance logging me out so she could sign in, but Ive been at home the last couple days by myself and it still happens.

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(chewy62 @ Jun 30 2009, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The problem is YOU..............................lol

most likely it is...I was asking for help to see if I have a setting wrong or if it might be the mobile broadband card changing the IP address issue or something...thanks for the help.

On a side note I also no longer have the emoticon menu on the side when creating a reply...Just noticed when I was thinking to add an annoyed face

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
QUOTE(4_winns_fan @ Jun 30 2009, 02:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(chewy62 @ Jun 30 2009, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The problem is YOU..............................lol

most likely it is...I was asking for help to see if I have a setting wrong or if it might be the mobile broadband card changing the IP address issue or something...thanks for the help.

On a side note I also no longer have the emoticon menu on the side when creating a reply...Just noticed when I was thinking to add an annoyed face

The emoticons don't show up in fast reply.

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(Stodge @ Jun 30 2009, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(4_winns_fan @ Jun 30 2009, 02:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(chewy62 @ Jun 30 2009, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The problem is YOU..............................lol

The emoticons don't show up in fast reply.

I was in the regular reply...they dont show up when I use the broadband card, but show up when I am using anything else. The broadband card also screws up a lot of the frames, putting them in odd places.

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(4_winns_fan @ Jun 30 2009, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was in the regular reply...they dont show up when I use the broadband card, but show up when I am using anything else. The broadband card also screws up a lot of the frames, putting them in odd places.
Here is an example of the messed up frames...

nevermind...the menu that you add images from is also gone so I guess I cant show you what I am talking about.

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
I've not had that problem. FWIW, if I were, I'd try another browser to narrow down the possibilities.

Might try flushing the cache and cookies. Custom CSS style sheets can cause odd page renderings too.

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got the emoticon menu and attachments menu to show up again. There is a setting in the broadband card menu that allows me to lower the resolution of all the pictures that are on webpages so the page loads faster. Well, I didnt notice any better performance so I switched it to not degrade the images at all. Apparently this was the problem because when I changes it back to the original setting that degrades the images everything came back...

Now I am back to just trying to figuring out why I get signed out all the time...

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
QUOTE(4_winns_fan @ Jun 30 2009, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Got the emoticon menu and attachments menu to show up again. There is a setting in the broadband card menu that allows me to lower the resolution of all the pictures that are on webpages so the page loads faster. Well, I didnt notice any better performance so I switched it to not degrade the images at all. Apparently this was the problem because when I changes it back to the original setting that degrades the images everything came back...

Now I am back to just trying to figuring out why I get signed out all the time...

Is your data plan truly unlimited? Those emoticons could be expensive.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Here's what worked for me. I noticed that there are two domains - lakestclair.net and lscn2.net. The problem was that I had one of them bookmarked, but I had set the automatic login on the other one. Pay attention to which domain is in the address bar and it may solve your problem.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts