Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be out of place here, but I know a lot of people look at this forum. I am looking to rent a cottage or home anywhere on Lake St. Clair for a week next June. I do have a dog that I take on vacation with the family. We leave any rentals as clean if not cleaner than when we arrived. Rented in Indiana last year, owner will give me $50 off next rental with him because of how clean the cottage was left. The dog is a well trained Vizsla. I know Lake Saint Clair pretty well and would love to spend a week on the Midwest's best fishery. I would appreciate any info on rentals, anybody is willing to share. I have thought about driving the shoreline looking, but that would be very time consuming.

Thanks in advance,
"The Musky Shakes"-Mark

1,036 Posts
Its slim pickings as far as a rental. I rented two summers ago on Harsens Island. I would suggest you try there first, more cottages that most other places on the lake. But most are fairly expensive and a ways away from LSC.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(weapons of bass destructon @ Nov 5 2009, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Its slim pickings as far as a rental. I rented two summers ago on Harsens Island. I would suggest you try there first, more cottages that most other places on the lake. But most are fairly expensive and a ways away from LSC.

Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Call Anglers Point at 586.949.9223. They supposedly will have a room to rent next year. They are right across from Selfridge which is a good area for smallmouths and muskies in June. There are virtually no cottages or campgrounds to rent on the US side. Plenty of hotels in the area. You may want to call around and see if there is an "extended stay" type place (especially in Roseville). They may have a suite type room that would sleep 3-4 guys and a kitchenette, fridge, etc so that you could pack lunches, cook small meals, etc.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
There is an "extended stay" place on 13 mile( i think) between gratiot and little mack. In roseville

·
Registered
8 Posts
QUOTE(themuskyshakes @ Nov 5 2009, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>This might be out of place here, but I know a lot of people look at this forum. I am looking to rent a cottage or home anywhere on Lake St. Clair for a week next June. I do have a dog that I take on vacation with the family. We leave any rentals as clean if not cleaner than when we arrived. Rented in Indiana last year, owner will give me $50 off next rental with him because of how clean the cottage was left. The dog is a well trained Vizsla. I know Lake Saint Clair pretty well and would love to spend a week on the Midwest's best fishery. I would appreciate any info on rentals, anybody is willing to share. I have thought about driving the shoreline looking, but that would be very time consuming.

Thanks in advance,
"The Musky Shakes"-Mark

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE(themuskyshakes @ Nov 5 2009, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>This might be out of place here, but I know a lot of people look at this forum. I am looking to rent a cottage or home anywhere on Lake St. Clair for a week next June. I do have a dog that I take on vacation with the family. We leave any rentals as clean if not cleaner than when we arrived. Rented in Indiana last year, owner will give me $50 off next rental with him because of how clean the cottage was left. The dog is a well trained Vizsla. I know Lake Saint Clair pretty well and would love to spend a week on the Midwest's best fishery. I would appreciate any info on rentals, anybody is willing to share. I have thought about driving the shoreline looking, but that would be very time consuming.

Thanks in advance,
"The Musky Shakes"-Mark

Mark, I rented a cottage right next door to Brown's on the Middle Channel. It's a nice place and in a great location. I don't think the dog will be a problem. The guy's name was Joe but look up Michigan Rentals and look on Harsens Island you'll find it. A yellow cottage.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(coldfront @ Nov 6 2009, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(themuskyshakes @ Nov 5 2009, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>This might be out of place here, but I know a lot of people look at this forum. I am looking to rent a cottage or home anywhere on Lake St. Clair for a week next June. I do have a dog that I take on vacation with the family. We leave any rentals as clean if not cleaner than when we arrived. Rented in Indiana last year, owner will give me $50 off next rental with him because of how clean the cottage was left. The dog is a well trained Vizsla. I know Lake Saint Clair pretty well and would love to spend a week on the Midwest's best fishery. I would appreciate any info on rentals, anybody is willing to share. I have thought about driving the shoreline looking, but that would be very time consuming.

Thanks in advance,
"The Musky Shakes"-Mark

Mark, I rented a cottage right next door to Brown's on the Middle Channel. It's a nice place and in a great location. I don't think the dog will be a problem. The guy's name was Joe but look up Michigan Rentals and look on Harsens Island you'll find it. A yellow cottage.

Thanks Coldfront. I will look into this one. I also thank everybody else for their input. I don't care which side of the lake they are on.

Thanks again
Gotta go.. fishing near Bob's Island today.. caught a 44 incher there last weekend.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.