Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well heres where i start. i met my dad at mijers in chesterfield and and drove to buchamies and got a parking spot by 6:30 a.m. was on the ice by and setting up around 7:30. fishing kind of started out real slow but progressivly picked up. i only had to move spots twice and the second spot was better than the first. i limited out on perch and got 1 giant sunny. i must of cought 150 fish easily. the fish were turned on so much it was nonstop action after 11! kind of a weird time but hey they were agressive! the average sized keepers were 8" and got about 10 9''s. and one fat 10". 80% of fish were 8"s. had 2 pike and a small muskie come into my decoy today! water was crystal clear and was about 5' deep. we fished over towards the salt river area. my dad ended up with 35 nice keepers as well. all in all what an awesome day of fishing! had a blast out on our lake st clair!
cotten road was good to us today! hope you guys can get out there to take advantage of the great fishing. and the pics are from my camera phone.

Water Sky Liquid Fluid Wind wave

Arthropod Fluid Wood Water Liquid

View attachment 71024

Attachments

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i use the decoy to attract perch but if im in a bigger two man shantey then il bring both a pike spear and a perch spear. and when they came in i just would wackem with the decoy. 1 min later everytime perch would be back!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
about ready to leave my house for another day at cotten road! will report back later. taking a pike spear this time

·
Registered
281 Posts
Good luck out there again today!!!
I have been decoying pearch for a few years, I feel it helps, fish are curious too.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Hmmm, Gee that's funny, because I just got off the phone with my brother who spent the day yesterday scouring the area for fish and according to him NOBODY was catching fish. I guess curl must've caught them all.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE(rubbnsmoke @ Jan 18 2010, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hmmm, Gee that's funny, because I just got off the phone with my brother who spent the day yesterday scouring the area for fish and according to him NOBODY was catching fish. I guess curl must've caught them all.

hmm, thats funny, seems to me like someone always has to be the bad guy and accuse someone for falsely posting a report, go ahead and believe what you want about my reports but keep it to yourself.

i talked to two guys out on the ice today and they both said they killed them yesterday as well and same thing today was terriable compared to yesterday.

·
LSCN Sponsor since March 2010
1,435 Posts
great job

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.