Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's with the lack of reports recently? Is everyone just having bad luck, or just cooped up because of the recent rain? Tried finding somewhere to go tomorrow after my halfday of school, and could hardly find fishing reports. Has anyone been to cotton, metro, ginos, or the raft and has information about ICE conditions at least? Any Help would be appreciated.... Tai.

·
Registered
562 Posts
There are not a whole lot of shanty's out there lately. You won't hear much about Fair Haven because of all the snowmobile racing activites etc in the area now. Some of the shanty's you see there are just local kids out partying in them.
They say an ice shanty is a great place to get away with smoking weed with little fear of getting caught (and thats straight from the mouth of one of the locals there).

"I'm going out icefishing mom....I'll be back after dark"

"Wow dude...did you see the size of that fish? What was it man????"

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(formulaf302 @ Jan 27 2010, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>There are not a whole lot of shanty's out there lately. You won't hear much about Fair Haven because of all the snowmobile racing activites etc in the area now. Some of the shanty's you see there are just local kids out partying in them.
They say an ice shanty is a great place to get away with smoking weed with little fear of getting caught (and thats straight from the mouth of one of the locals there).

"I'm going out icefishing mom....I'll be back after dark"

"Wow dude...did you see the size of that fish? What was it man????"

Thanks rmack.

Formula, i understand what you mean by the fairhaven snowmobile racing. As for the second part, thats crazy! I don't even want to think about kids my age doing that. I saw a group of 3 teens a few weeks ago out on the ice.... i wonder..

·
Registered
88 Posts
umm, with all the cops on and around lk st clair, you think that a quiet inland lake would be a better party spot. but hey to each is his own. I got out to catch a tasty meal (get away from the wifey) not to party. seems dangerous with all the open water and soft spots on the lake and all. and if something did happen your friends would either be so freaked out they wouldn't know to go get help or would be scared of getting in trouble for smoking the dope that they wouldn't call for help. both secerios have the same out come, not good. just my two cents. what does everyone else think?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts