Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
stopped at cotton rd. after work to check the parking situation, and maybe get out for some evening action and found notes on vehicles windows stating that they would be towed, and lots of no parking signs around. went into the LAKEVILLE MARKET on the SE corner of cotton and jeff. to ask if i could pay to park there or possibly buy a yearly pass, because it is the first stop on my way home from work, and i like fishing there. i was informed by the owner/manager of the LAKEVILLE MARKET that fishermen have ruined her business for the last twenty years and she wasn't going to take it anymore." if you park there you will towed" was her response. i told her i would post a warning on the local fishing sites, and she told me "please do that, and tell them fisherman are not welcome." so take that how you will, but i know i will never step foot in there again. i have parked there for many years and before or after every trip out, i have made it a point to go in and purchase my snacks and beverages of choice from them for the generosity of letting us park at the LAKEVILLE MARKET. well, no more. also checked at buscemi's and they will let you park for 5 bucks a day or 60 for the season. problem is they only have room for about 8 or 9 trucks, and that is a bit too pricey. the vacant lot at the NW corner is also posted, and also has if you park, you will be towed signs set up. i guess it's true, the good old days are over. glad i still have parking privileges on the salt river. just wanted to put it out there. LAKEVILLE MARKET.

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
Never been to Lakeville Market, and I won't ever set foot in there.
Hey, maybe she should put up on of these signs too
Product Rectangle Font Circle Symbol

that way she wouldn't have to worry about sportsmen of any kind supporting her business.
Remember your money is just as green to the other store down the road.

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
maybe we could all stop in as we drive buy and load the counter up with pops and sandwiches, then as they ring us up, walk away and tell them we used to buy from them when they allowed us to park there. Walk out and buy nothing, It won't waste too much of your time, but should make a good statement. If we all stick together and make an attempt, they might realize where a lot of their business came from!!

any thoughts??

Dave

·
Registered
12 Posts
I also was around that area tonight and saw alot no parking/private prop at the marina by the salt river mouth. parked there numerous times last year , but the signs and barrels state boat owners only. realy dont get it, what are the boat owners doing with there boats in the winter. i think it may have to do with all the snobs along jefferson who think there in gross pointe, and dont want anyone sitting on public ice blocking there view.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
way to go slobs, sounds like we are two for two today. couple of great access spots - gone

·
Registered
238 Posts
could also have to do with the disrespecting of someones property. if i was an owner and saw the trash left behind by some people, i'd post my chit too. it only takes one to ruin it for all.
and remember.....theres always 2 sides 2 every story........on the other hand if it were a business, id start with trash cans and signs asking to "pitch in". this time of year ice fisherman make up a lot of business in that stretch

·
Registered
481 Posts
QUOTE(beever42 @ Jan 5 2010, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>could also have to do with the disrespecting of someones property. if i was an owner and saw the trash left behind by some people, i'd post my chit too. it only takes one to ruin it for all.
and remember.....theres always 2 sides 2 every story........on the other hand if it were a business, id start with trash cans and signs asking to "pitch in". this time of year ice fisherman make up a lot of business in that stretch

I think you nailed it. The litter others leave behind. Pretty sad, but true.

·
Registered
562 Posts
QUOTE(rivrat @ Jan 5 2010, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(beever42 @ Jan 5 2010, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>could also have to do with the disrespecting of someones property. if i was an owner and saw the trash left behind by some people, i'd post my chit too. it only takes one to ruin it for all.

I think you nailed it. The litter others leave behind. Pretty sad, but true.

Yup...its been going on for years and now the rest of have to pay the price. They were the same slobs that stomped cigar butts into my shanty floor and threw cigarette butts into my hole. Thats why nobody leaves any permanent shantys out anymore. I hope they enjoy walking all the way from the DNR site and sitting on a bucket....

·
Registered
182 Posts
QUOTE(islander @ Jan 5 2010, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(little guy @ Jan 5 2010, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>way to go slobs, sounds like we are two for two today. couple of great access spots - gone

Nail on the head

ok just my .02 here but thats kind of direct there not all of us are slobs and there are many different ways to approach saying that yes granted we all must now suffer which sucks considering i just started hard water this year but in the same aspect you should always aim before you pull the trigger instead of just shooting at random once again just my .02 sry if i stated something that shouldnt have been stated and let me know ill gladly edit

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
QUOTE(gone fishin @ Jan 5 2010, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(islander @ Jan 5 2010, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(little guy @ Jan 5 2010, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>way to go slobs, sounds like we are two for two today. couple of great access spots - gone

Nail on the head

ok just my .02 here but thats kind of direct there not all of us are slobs and there are many different ways to approach saying that yes granted we all must now suffer which sucks considering i just started hard water this year but in the same aspect you should always aim before you pull the trigger instead of just shooting at random once again just my .02 sry if i stated something that shouldnt have been stated and let me know ill gladly edit

Hey I am the biggest ice fisherman you'll ever meet - if I could, I'd be out there every day of the week and twice on Sunday. I don't mean that all ice guys are slobs. Just that a few slobs ruined it for the rest of us. This was only a matter of time.

·
Registered
76 Posts
QUOTE(islander @ Jan 5 2010, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(little guy @ Jan 5 2010, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>way to go slobs, sounds like we are two for two today. couple of great access spots - gone

Nail on the head

My buddy lives on Land street which is the last street at the end of Cotton so I can park for free. As for the signs at Sun up Marina in the salt river, all they say are "boat owners only". Well, that includes me as I'm a boat owner.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
If someone leaves trash on the ice and access points then they are a slob and are directly responsible for the closing of these areas. Those are the people LG is refering to. Just another number on the long list of oppurtunities lost by sportspersons by people who have no clue.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts