Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey Gang,

I am new here. Going to make my first voyage out tomorrow around the cotton road area. Just wondering how the ice and water clarity are? Also, are there any pressure cracks I should know about with the west wind they are predicting? Any help is appreciated. Will report tomorrow if I head out. Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
QUOTE(outthewet @ Jan 9 2010, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Does anybody know the parking situation down there?

The parking there by cotton rd is not good any more. U cant park at lakeville party store.. If you go across the street to the gas station you can give them some money to park there but there is only like 8 spots. U can also park at the party store Buscemi's. You can park behind there store. I think they are charging $5.00. Good luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I tried for the afternoon bite. Started around 12:30..fished until 4:30-5. Was straight out in about 5 feet. Schools came in pretty regular, and even caught a keeper to start the day. Then dinks with a couple bass running with them. Then a school of nice ones. Seemed the better fish were less interested. Came and looked and were real spooky. Not even enough time to grab the spear.

Then I moved a couple times closer in. Some small ones. Had a really nice school of eaters (best school all day). Picked a couple out of that bunch and then that was it. Nothing after that. Had a great time looking down the hole all afternoon, but my back is killin' me.

Seems there are less weeds this year?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts