Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
They say only a crazy person does the same thing over and over, and expects different results, so I should have known. Fished from 1:45 until 6:15 or so, minnows, and jig w/ waxies and also minnow heads. Got a few dinks, so hey it was progress over Monday's bonanza of frikkin' ZERO!!!
Ice was still thick, if anything it seemed safer than Monday! Didn't see perch in groups of more than two or three at any given time. I considered Gino's...but stayed further north, closer to home...let that be a lesson! Not many guys were on that end of Anchor bay, as far as I could see...between Selfridge N side and the horizon to the north of me. That also might have said something about the 'bite' in that area. On the positive side of the ledger, there was parking, and it was quiet...
Would like one more good day before hanging it up...need a good perch fish fry to welcome spring.

·
Registered
562 Posts
You and me must be brothers from another mother. I figured it would be great to get out there friday and be able to fish by myself (as I've been doing and coming home with nothing but empty beer cans). Probably even get quite a suntan! Ya can't get that in Florida, and you can't get even a single perch down there either.
I just figured it would be less crowded and MAYBE I would be the only guy in the right place at the right time for a change.
Yup....doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. I guess I won't be able to blame it on all the activity on the ice huh? I must be brain dead.....

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
Same results as I had this morning too, only I actually did expect the same results as the last time I was out, and I was right! Still better than sitting around the house listening to the wife say nothing!! LOL

·
Registered
29 Posts
QUOTE(Joe G @ Mar 3 2010, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>They say only a crazy person does the same thing over and over, and expects different results, so I should have known. Fished from 1:45 until 6:15 or so, minnows, and jig w/ waxies and also minnow heads. Got a few dinks, so hey it was progress over Monday's bonanza of frikkin' ZERO!!!
Ice was still thick, if anything it seemed safer than Monday! Didn't see perch in groups of more than two or three at any given time. I considered Gino's...but stayed further north, closer to home...let that be a lesson! Not many guys were on that end of Anchor bay, as far as I could see...between Selfridge N side and the horizon to the north of me. That also might have said something about the 'bite' in that area. On the positive side of the ledger, there was parking, and it was quiet...
Would like one more good day before hanging it up...need a good perch fish fry to welcome spring.

try farther north by brandonburg i had constant bite there 3-2 and 3-3 early morning and 5-7 at night a lot of dinks but there are plenty of fish worth cleaning mostly on minnows

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
try farther north by brandonburg i had constant bite there 3-2 and 3-3 early morning and 5-7 at night a lot of dinks but there are plenty of fish worth cleaning mostly on minnows
[/quote]

Thanks, I passed by there on my way home....looks promising..

·
Registered
98 Posts
I hit that area out there yesterday. I come out of the salt river though. We started at 3 about a mile out in 6 fow. Nothing......moved in 1/4 and still nothing...moved in another 1/4 mile and nothing until about 5:30. then it was constant perch in the holes.

managed to get 5 8"-9" but nothing big. didnt even see anything big. only about a dozen fishermen by that area and about a dozen or so at the cotton launch.

I use minnows. we were over weeds the whole time, but still nothing was eatin until after 5.

ice was about 12" + thick.

peace all

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.