Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so gettin ready to head out. i'll b parkin at a friends house, and fishing closer to the entrance of salt river then cotton road. prolly b about the furthest out in about 8 fow. I'll b in front of the yellow seawall, in a smaller square blue minute man portable. U'll C my home made wood sled 2 hall my gear out. swing by if u want, but pretty sure we'll be headin in before noon unless the bite is on. Names Russ! good luck, stay safe all!

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
QUOTE(russell @ Jan 19 2010, 06:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>so gettin ready to head out. i'll b parkin at a friends house, and fishing closer to the entrance of salt river then cotton road. prolly b about the furthest out in about 8 fow. I'll b in front of the yellow seawall, in a smaller square blue minute man portable. U'll C my home made wood sled 2 hall my gear out. swing by if u want, but pretty sure we'll be headin in before noon unless the bite is on. Names Russ! good luck, stay safe all!

I access from the house next door to the yellow wall. Hope you get into them. They were snapping OK yesterday

·
Registered
37 Posts
thanks. wasnt as good as i hoped this am though. was in the water by 8. in 8-9 fow, clear, very lil' weeds. had lots of dinks come thru the first 2 hrs, ended up with 5 keepers, moved in towards the crowd sittin in the 5 fow with weeds galore. seen 4 keepers come in, caught one, speared one. sat for another hour, nothing. moved in one final time towards the guy with the boat with the Saw on the back, in about 5 fow clear, sandy bottom, seen 3 dinks so left from there after half hour. pretty much a bummer of a day, but tell ya what drove back home to algonac, and drivin arund the bay there in fair haven was depressing...nobody out there. its been poor for a few days, but i think thats mainly cuz every headed out towards cotton/salt river/ginos cuz thats the only thing anyones been hearing. man i wanna hook into some. prolly gunna get to mitchels hopefully before the weekend, i just need a buddy with a machine that wants to go!... later, good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
QUOTE(russell @ Jan 19 2010, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>thanks. wasnt as good as i hoped this am though. was in the water by 8. in 8-9 fow, clear, very lil' weeds. had lots of dinks come thru the first 2 hrs, ended up with 5 keepers, moved in towards the crowd sittin in the 5 fow with weeds galore. seen 4 keepers come in, caught one, speared one. sat for another hour, nothing. moved in one final time towards the guy with the boat with the Saw on the back, in about 5 fow clear, sandy bottom, seen 3 dinks so left from there after half hour. pretty much a bummer of a day, but tell ya what drove back home to algonac, and drivin arund the bay there in fair haven was depressing...nobody out there. its been poor for a few days, but i think thats mainly cuz every headed out towards cotton/salt river/ginos cuz thats the only thing anyones been hearing. man i wanna hook into some. prolly gunna get to mitchels hopefully before the weekend, i just need a buddy with a machine that wants to go!... later, good luck

thx for the report

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I got out about 3:30. Ended up keeping a dozen 7.5 to 8.5 inchers. getting desperate for a meal
10 of the 12 came between 5:20 and 5:40 pm on a ficious jig with spikes. No rockies today, all perch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts