Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,081 Posts
Top Gun,

I have been going through the same experience, which led me to buy some smaller hooks. I am going out today (Thursday) and I plan on using the smaller hooks. I will let you know how I do.

Shaggy

· Registered
3,081 Posts
Smaller hooks didn't seem to help me. They seemed to be able to get the wiggler off the smaller hook easier. I used wax worms on a smaller hook and the fish couldn't pull that off, but they didn't seem too interested in wax worms. I had better luck using a small Swedish pimple. The fish seemed to have a harder time getting loose from the treble hook.

Shaggy,

· Registered
3,081 Posts
Top Gun,

I move around a lot so I don't have an exact location. I usually start close to shore in front of Sulferidge launch and work my way out and to the south. I was fishing in about 5 feet of water. It doesn't seem to get very deep on Anchor Bay. If you don't see fish within 15 to 20 minutes I would pick up and move. I see a lot of perch, but they don't bite. They pick at the bait or stare at it and move on. This is my first year fishing Sulferidge so I am still exploring. The perch seem to be constantly on the move so I try to move with them. I will probably start heading north this weekend to see if things are any better.

Shaggy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.