Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At least in spirit and seems like we're finally getting some good weather!! Thanks to all, had a nice time in Tilbury and even brought the girls for something different. Good to see ya, Instigator and Robin. Thanks Robin for keeping the girls occupied with the sparklers-you are always so sweet with my girls. Nice staying with BlondeStreak and Jewels with a guest house full of kids. Don't forget who woke up on their "Father's Day", and made breakfast. Good to see Dave and Kato and hang out by the fire. Sorry crapped out before the bar but was feeling the parental vibe and didn't feel like pounding it like a rock star. Next time fo sho - Not sure my kids are ready to see their old man in full party effect!! Milord nice meeting you, sure we'll see each other more as the summer progresses. BoatChic, JennieJen nice to talk to you until I realized that I'm standing on top of a table with a beer in my hands and my daughters are watching me. Looks like the summer is gonna live up to my expectations!!!

·
Registered
625 Posts
I was there, good times, got to ride on my friends new 388 hustler slingshot very sweet boat, and fast too 90+, top that with good canadian beer, Tequila, than top it off with Milord taking us on a sunset journey to his friends house with a crazy boat rides all over canada, that turned into a car ride, that turned into shots at the bar
The best part was when we left at 6:05am on sunday, I had to be back for golf at 8:00am @ selfridge. We were docked right in front of the bar, and the boats docked behind us were not happy when the motors fired up that early. The look on that guys face parked directly behind us, his bald head popping out of his hatch, was truely priceless!

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Advantage_Rob @ Jun 16 2003, 11:54 AM)I was there, good times, got to ride on my friends new 388 hustler slingshot very sweet boat, and fast too 90+, top that with good caanadian beer, Tequila, than top it off with Milord taking us on a sunset journey to his friends house with a crazy boat rides all over canada that turned into a car ride, that turned into shots at the bar
The best part was when we left at 6:05am on sunday, I had to be back for golf at 8:00am @ selfridge. We were docked right in front of the bar, and the boats docked behind us were not happy when the motors fired up that early. The look on that guts face popping out of his hatch was truely priceless!

F-em if he can't take it!! Didn't get to meet ya but hope to in the future. Sounds like you had fun. Like I said had to play it a little cool this time with the kids.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Hey Traveler, good meeting you. I think I killed way too many brain cells on Saturday. I'm still trying to figure out what happened that night. The only thing I know for sure is I woke up at 10:30 in the cabin of my boat which is about 1.5 miles from the marina.

Rob, you drove the boat right!

Man, I wanted a ride on Jonny's boat, it's sweet. Another time perhaps.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Thanks to Steve and Robyn, Kato, Clicki and crew, Little Dave and crew, BlondeStreak, Jewels, Delsolcruz, Jetski, Stace, Jen, Connie, Bill and Brandon! ... if I'm missing anybody .. sorry. I had a blast guys.

Oh ya, still paying for it too!

·
Registered
625 Posts
I took the wheel for a few minutes, on the way back, just to get a feel for the boat, but I didn't want to take any time away from Jonny, bonding with his new boat. here was my weekend

Fri- all day work golf outing= to much sun
sat- wax my boat all day, go out on Jonnys boat= to much sun
sun- wake up, fly across the [email protected], then golf 18 holes, then attend picinic= to much sun.

OWWW..... I'm soo sunburnt, I've got a date with my aloe plant when I get home!

You would thing a half irish lad like me would know better and have lots of spf 2000 sunblock.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
The LSCN group ROCKED CANADA, didn't we? What a GREAT TIME!
Thanks to our hosts Milord & his girl Mel! Thanks to Cocktails & Dreams for sharing his boat! Thanks for letting me sleep on the back deck all the way home Sunday morning . . . with no sunblock . . . OUCH!! I'M BURNT!!!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Great time, Great Weather
I'm Burnt, ouch!
Great to see alot of LSCN peeps at Cove: James, Mel (of course), Instigater, Robin, Klicki, Lil'Dave, JJII, Brandon, Connie, Steve/jetski & Julie/delsolcruz, Advantage_Rob, Traveler w/girls, Jewels ....etc.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Jetski and I had an awesome time! I'm so glad we were told about this awesome party! I hear the next great party is the chili cook-off in September.

It was definately great visiting with everyone as well as meeting new peeps such as Milord and Melly Jo. We stopped by Grassy Island and looked for you. Didn't see you. Thanks for the coordinates...we'll stop back again.

I really need to learn to love beer. I drink alcohol way too fast and end up asleep way too early and miss out on a lot of action.

My Canadian friends came to visit on Sunday and after breakfast they took us for a car ride. When we got back to the Cove, there were only two or three boats left at the marina.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Julie, what time did you guys get out to Grassy? I don't think we did until after 2 sometime. Probably around 2:30. Stayed until 6 or so. Nobody was moving too fast Sunday!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I'm guessing we got there around 3PM. We did see a Liberator or two, but the peeps on board didn't look like you and Melly Jo. Maybe we were still seeing funny after drinking so much the night before!

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
We were there then. 4 Liberators, 1 Formula 272 (formerly Bill272 and Freckles' boat), 2 different Chapparals all tied together. Mine was right in the middle of the raft I'm pretty sure I wasn't sitting on it. Water was nice and warm yesterday, stood around for quite a while in it.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I wanted to add my comments on my first visit to The Cove marina. I have been hearing so much about "The Cove" for the last few years and I finally made it over there.

I have always felt Canada is a "best kept secret" in regards to traveling and a place to party. Canadians are some of the nicest, most hospitable people I have ever met. The exchange rate doesn't hurt, either!!

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(delsolcruz @ Jun 16 2003, 01:41 PM)I really need to learn to love beer.
Yes you do girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Sounds like a good time!!!!

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
What a great weekend for the Cove! I went there 2 years ago on Moneyshot's but~awesome time!

Glad you all had fun!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts