Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
You had to imagine that Hossa wouldn't stick around. He ditched the penguins in his effort to get a cup, and now he apparently likes what he sees in the Blackhawks. He has no loyalty, and this doesn't surprise me at all. It sucks but it's not surprising.

·
LSCN Sponsor since 12/07
2,539 Posts
QUOTE(RJT @ Jul 1 2009, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm glad he is gone. He didn't hold up to expectations in the playoffs.

DITTO!!! Unless he was injured and they didn't let it out. The guy just plain sucked in the finals. Now we have to beat the Hawks in the semi's next year to send him off crying to another team

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
QUOTE(CaptDoug @ Jul 1 2009, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(RJT @ Jul 1 2009, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm glad he is gone. He didn't hold up to expectations in the playoffs.

DITTO!!! Unless he was injured and they didn't let it out. The guy just plain sucked in the finals. Now we have to beat the Hawks in the semi's next year to send him off crying to another team

EXACTLY!!!

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Heard we are going to go after defenseman Jay Bouwmeester (Florida) if the didn't sign Hossa. He was a great regular season player, but never usually shows up in the playoffs

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I disagree with all of you!!!!! A sell out leaves one place for more money, he left the pens for LESS. As for loyalty, he was only on the pens for 4 months, as he was a trade deadline guy. Hossa was a great player for us, big body that could hold the puck while being checked. I am sorry to see him go, but to stay with the wings for $4 mil would be silly. He was signed to a 1 year deal, that was the wings choice. He was willing to stay here for less than chicago payed him, but he didnt have a spot here anymore. Hockey is not only measured by ones ability to score, and Hossa's back checking and speed was an asset on defense. To agree or disagree is the right of everyone, but to take anything away from the amazing tallent he has as a top 10 forward in the league is ignorant. I wish him the best of luck in chicago, and i am glad we will get to see him at least 6 times next year against the wings!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Simple explanition! HOSSA = EPIC FAIL!!!

The Wings and the fans are long term type of people. We hate seeing people come and go, they're not real Red Wings. We will be just fine without him, as a matter of fact, if memory serves me right, the last two years whoever has Hossa has lost the cup and hockey is the most superstitious sport that exists. For that resaon I don't even want him in our building.

He shouldn't be missed. We have plenty of depth with the Griffins. Heck, they could match up against half the NHL teams.

Just my 2 cents
Dave

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
He's on the list of Yserman,Hull,Shanny, Chelly,Kozloff,ect. ect. the game goes on.

h2o

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
QUOTE(Canuck @ Jul 1 2009, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Heard we are going to go after defenseman Jay Bouwmeester (Florida) if the didn't sign Hossa. He was a great regular season player, but never usually shows up in the playoffs

he went to calgary

I heard that kopecski went to chicago too...

·
LSCN Sponsor since 12/07
2,539 Posts
QUOTE(h2o @ Jul 2 2009, 07:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>He's on the list of Yserman,Hull,Shanny, Chelly,Kozloff,ect. ect. the game goes on.

h2o
Yeah, do doubt h2o. You remember that one guy??...I think his name was Sergei something-or -other.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
QUOTE(CaptDoug @ Jul 2 2009, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(h2o @ Jul 2 2009, 07:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>He's on the list of Yserman,Hull,Shanny, Chelly,Kozloff,ect. ect. the game goes on.

h2o
Yeah, do doubt h2o. You remember that one guy??...I think his name was Sergei something-or -other.

Now HE was a sell out!!! Lucky for the NHL, the russians took him off our hands for 5 years i believe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts