Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Use jigs that glow and small minnows (we use diamond jigs, glow green, yellow, or red). At least one lantern near your holes. Keep your jigs lit up so they are glowing (every 5-10 min or so). It seems to help attract the fish. Good luck.

·
Registered
383 Posts
glow jigs are good, but ive always had my best luck with crappies on just a plain hook and minnow. no weight or bobber. actually the silver hook that comes with the small swedish pimples has been killing em. they like when the minnow swims freely. every once in a while lift it way up then let it go down real slow. 9 times out of ten theyll hit it on the way down.

·
Registered
184 Posts
QUOTE(billdozer @ Feb 15 2010, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>glow jigs are good, but ive always had my best luck with crappies on just a plain hook and minnow. no weight or bobber. actually the silver hook that comes with the small swedish pimples has been killing em. they like when the minnow swims freely. every once in a while lift it way up then let it go down real slow. 9 times out of ten theyll hit it on the way down.

Sounds good to me. I'll have to give that a shot next time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts