Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...big white butt! please don't think i'm unprofessional in my forthcoming tirade, but:

i come back from vacation to pick up my check, and there's only one. when i start to inquire about it, everyone's hem hawing around, etc. apparently, while i was on vacation, they decided they didn't need my services and forgot to tell me about it when i returned!! can you believe it!! i don't care so much they don't need me--heck! i'm relieved! but not to tell me? how classless it that!?

so i checked the pay dates,etc, & they still owe me up til the 30th. they short checked me, and so far no one is addressing the situation. regardless, i did the work, and am entitled to the pay. right?

although that place will not get their bar area off the ground due to their own inner discombobulation, unorganization, not to mention their lack of direction and LACK OF FUN...they still owe me the money.

their food=great. their management skills=poor. their class level=lower than amoeba belly button lint

do amoebas even have belly buttons?

grrrrrrr....who's drinking this morning?!?!? i need one!

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Geez, Ck, that sucks. It doesn't sound like they are going to do well. Not drinking..yet. But the island is a good place to unwind & de- stress.
Hope the rest of your day is better.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
If they owe you money, they OWE you money. Plain and simple. Time to get medeival on the a$$es. I can't believe it when someone tries to pull BS like that.

And by the way....

Dude, how's your aspen?

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
their aspen in a sling! lol!!

oh, f them! true colors showing, that's all. so this week i only end up working 35-40 hours instead of 60! i should've known better when they threatened me that one time where ya'll came out. i mean, $4 for a mic ultra? it's not like it's a ta-ta bar...not that i'd like to see anyone that works there nekid. eigsch!

that's cool & all right. (looking on the bright side!) since it's summer, i can have more time to me, i have great pals like you, and more chance for fun and getting new accounts!

well, anyone going to metro today? lol! i'm free! lol!

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Jul 8 2003, 08:58 AM)their class level=lower than amoeba belly button lint

do amoebas even have belly buttons?

That sucks - no ambience to the place anymore either. Couldn't imagine spending my hard earned cash there. Only time I've gone is when CK needed some support.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Remember the first few year Gar Wood's was open? Those were good times.

I knew it was a bad idea to move that place and re-name it.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
traveler & campari, i agree with you both! there were some GRAND times at garwoods (heck, even i took 2nd place in a bikini contest there! my first ever!
) but the ambience at aspen is seriously lacking. it's not like i didn't try--i did--and i can go to bed at night happy with what i tried to do for them.

what goes around comes around.....

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
The place looks lame enough on the outside. I haven't even really wanted to go there.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my brother, who lives in rivergate across the street, says that most of the neighbors think it's a furniture store. lol.

i think that's a little silly, but the sign can't be seen, there's nothing fun going on to tell what it is...whatever....the food is good, tho. but don't know if i'll go in there to eat again.

every idea i had they shot down. i even met with car show peeps, wolverine harley davison peeps, craft show peeps...just sucks. they didn't want to do anything! grrrr!

oh well. now where's that beer!

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
Ck, that really sucks...another joy of being a business owner. With your reputation, you'll replace that account in a hot minute...their loss - they can never replace our CK!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Jul 8 2003, 10:24 AM)every idea i had they shot down. i even met with car show peeps, wolverine harley davison peeps, craft show peeps...just sucks. they didn't want to do anything! grrrr!
You should have tried bringing in the gay crowd. That will teach them.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
If they don't pay you your money soon, just call:
US Labor Dept Wage & Hour Div
315 W Allegan St # 219, Lansing, MI 48933
Phone: (517) 377-1790

Just file a complaint and they will get you your money. Works every time. Then, they will probably get audited later, to make sure they are paying all their employees properly.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jul 8 2003, 10:29 AM)QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Jul 8 2003, 10:24 AM) every idea i had they shot down. i even met with car show peeps, wolverine harley davison peeps, craft show peeps...just sucks. they didn't want to do anything! grrrr!

The rainbow club was at Metro Saturday night!!!

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
QUOTE(threecrabs @ Jul 8 2003, 10:31 AM)QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jul 8 2003, 10:29 AM) QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Jul 8 2003, 10:24 AM) every idea i had they shot down. i even met with car show peeps, wolverine harley davison peeps, craft show peeps...just sucks. they didn't want to do anything! grrrr!

The rainbow club was at Metro Saturday night!!!

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks you guys for the support! lol..how funny would it be to send the gay brigade there? lol...or man gravhee's pals? lol. 3 crabs, what was the rainbow bunch doing at metro?

oh well....time to move on.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
I've only been there once since they moved and only for drinks... very expensive drinks... wasn't impressed. My son's friend's mom has waitressed for them for more then 10 years and said that since they moved they're doing horrible. She said she's never sold so many salads in her life... lol. The ppl coming in to dine are totally different and she misses them being by the lake. I agree with her!

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
QUOTE(MONEYSHOT @ Jul 8 2003, 11:31 AM)If they don't pay you your money soon, just call:
US Labor Dept Wage & Hour Div
315 W Allegan St # 219, Lansing, MI 48933
Phone: (517) 377-1790

Just file a complaint and they will get you your money. Works every time. Then, they will probably get audited later, to make sure they are paying all their employees properly.
DITTO!!!!!!!
Those guys don't play around.....they come in a audit all the payroll records.......it is a royal pain in the aspen!

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Well I WAS planning on taking Baby Doll there for dinner this week. Think we'll go somewhere else now!

Feel the rath of LSCN

1 - 20 of 61 Posts