Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it necessary to snell the hooks on crawler harnesses or can you just tie them on with a Palomer knot?

·
Registered
673 Posts
I'm not real sure what your asking about, but if you go to the Lake St. Clair Walleye Association web site, they have instructions on how to tie your own harnesses. I went to one of their mtgs. this winter and learned how to do it.VERY EASY.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I've done both with and without. Doesn't matter to the fish much. Using the right hook is more important.

·
Registered
654 Posts
QUOTE(Molly Frair @ Jun 21 2009, 12:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is it necessary to snell the hooks on crawler harnesses or can you just tie them on with a Palomer knot?

the snell knot is the correct way. the hook lays better against the line for a superior presentation , just double hook the worm on the 2nd hook for a nice spin. the SNELL is very easy to tie

·
Registered
654 Posts
oh yea like snowman says, the hook... i use Eagle Claw # 4 baitholder with the bent back eye, it recieves the snell beautifully ! good luck

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Anyone try using the mustad slow death hooks. According to The Next Bite they work very well. The hook is bent so that the worm actually spirals through the water. Anyone have any luck with them?

·
Registered
654 Posts
QUOTE(PelicanKayaker @ Jun 21 2009, 12:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Anyone try using the mustad slow death hooks. According to The Next Bite they work very well. The hook is bent so that the worm actually spirals through the water. Anyone have any luck with them?

my bro tried them , as far as harnesses go , no differance, depends on how economical you want to be .. other presentations may show an advantage

1 - 7 of 7 Posts