Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried to find info about what type of fish I would find in Crescent Lake in Waterford. Anyone have any idea or could give me a tip? Need a close icefishing lake for after work that isnt as far as LSC.

I will probably end up going the distance and hitting Cotton Rd in the morning. Will report what I find.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
958 Posts
It's been an while since I've fished it but you should find plenty of gills there. Maybe even a few crappie if I remember right....Well maybe not crappies.

Anyway, try hitting the drop offs around the edge of the island. Between the island and the house on that point is pretty shallow. If you go out from the public launch a hundred yards or so you should hit deeper water.
Also if you head from the public launch between the island and the point and keep going another 100 yards or so you'll hit the main part of the lake where it stays deeper.

·
Registered
958 Posts
The public access should be at the northwestern tip of the lake on elizabeth lake road. I think dodge park is on cresent road basically around the corner.
Red should be the public access
Blue is the areas I used to fish. Basically the drop offs. If I remember right there are a few holes in there that are 20 - 30 feet deep.

Water resources Ecoregion Vertebrate Map Nature

Attachments

·
Registered
958 Posts
QUOTE(icedog @ Feb 6 2010, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sweet! Thanks, Heimskr. Any size to the gills? Any chance of any larger fish in there (pike, eyes, etc.)?

I never saw any eyes but I do believe there maybe a few pike. I do know there's a decent population of largemouth. The gills varied in size tho I remember catching a few around 10" - 11". I never fished it but it is attached to elizabeth lake by a canal so anything that's in there should also be in cresent lake

·
Registered
55 Posts
QUOTE(icedog @ Feb 6 2010, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have tried to find info about what type of fish I would find in Crescent Lake in Waterford. Anyone have any idea or could give me a tip? Need a close icefishing lake for after work that isnt as far as LSC.

I will probably end up going the distance and hitting Cotton Rd in the morning. Will report what I find.

Thanks everyone!

I kayak fish there in the summer and have caught all kinds of pan fish, large mouth and a 24" northern. That was a blast in a kayak, he was pulling me. Gills are supposed to be in the hole south of the island. I have also caught good numbers of rock bass off the north end of the island. Hope this helps. good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts