Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out at the crocker launch the other day just south of the spillway about 1/4 mile out or so theres a big log 12" in diamater with just the corner sticking up about 4" out of the water.It looks pretty long at least 15 feet with one end resting on bottom. Its real hard to see i almost hit it becarful out there i would ruin sombodys day if they hit that at full trottle.

·
Registered
112 Posts
thanks for the heads up. any idea where it is in relation to the ramps when you're heading out...left/center/right ?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just right of the spillway only way i seen it i seen a sea gull standing on it. looks pretty soild it didnt move in the waves.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!

You just saved someone from big time damage. I'm sure anyone reading this hazard will watch out. If it's not picked up, it should become water loged and sink. Oh my----------how deep is the water there.

h2o<------says good going

·
Registered
112 Posts
this is off to the right side (as you head out to the lake from the ramp) correct? so to be safe as you're leaving the launch area stay to the left near beacon cove and you should be safe correct? i am a little nervous because i am launching from there tomorrow morning and will probably launch about 4am so i won't be able to see that thing.
BP

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the log in talking about is just right of the spillway roughly 1/4 mile out next time im out there ill get gps cord. if its still there

·
Registered
45 Posts
yes i have seen it. my wife and i launch there all the time they need to put some kind of marker on it. i don't know the guy's name i spoke with but like i said before SOL.

·
Registered
241 Posts
When I last seen it it was just south of the Crocker launch right in front of the mouth of the spillway and won't be sinking anytime soon. It is about 15 feet long and when we motored up to it with the trolling motor it was firmly planted in the mud in about 5 feet of water. I tried like heck to break it lose but it wouldn't budge. Also found another one out in front of Beacon's Cove that is just under the surface of the water out there so be careful on that side as well. If I go out this weekend I will try to lock them on the gps and post them here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts