Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor since 10/06
161 Posts
QUOTE(DonC @ Jun 24 2009, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am coming in from TN and another brother from NC to fish with a brother who lives in metro Detroit, on LSC and want to launch out of Crocker. We will fish this Friday, Saturday and Sunday. What times on Friday and the weekend does the ramp parking lot fill up?
Thanks,
DonC

http://www.correllconcepts.com/boat_conversion.htm

You're lucky if you make it in by 7-7:30 a.m. on a good weekend. Friday is Jobbie Nooner get there early

3 brothers, sounds like it should be a fun day full of competition and sh** talking

Good luck to you guys

If you guys need bait, beer, tackle, or food you can get to us from the lake, we are just north of Gino's Surf in between there and Metro, there's a sign at the mouth of our canal

Hope To See You Soon

Jimmy's Boats & Baits
37934 Jefferson
Harrison Twp MI 48045
586-329-3811
jimmysboatsandbaits.com

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
Wow, if people haven't clicked on the link Don posted, you need to!!!

What great work Don, you should be proud of the modifications you have made.

Welcome to LSCN and good fishing

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
I WAS AT THAT LAUNCH LAST NIGHT IT WAS NASTY MOSS AND SLIME WAS ALL OVER THE PLACE EVEN FULL SIZE TRUCKS WAS HAVING PROBLEMS PULLING OUT

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
Powerloading is driving a boat onto the trailer at above idle speeds, and it illegal at Michigan DNR access sites.
People that powerload end up washing out the bottom of the ramps after time.
Usually those that have trouble don't get the trailer deep enough to let the boat float on or idle on to the trailer.
I have a 19 foot Starcraft V hull and haven't found a ramp on LSC yet that I can't float onto and it baffles me that some people with flat bottom boats like a bass boat or jet boat have so much trouble loading back onto the trailer.
Mini is a pro at idling onto the trailer and I'm sure he would have no problems showing anyone the "right" way to drive onto a trailer.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Us brothers launched out of Crocker at 0600 and had a great time, catching over 50 fish, mostly smallmouth with plenty of largemouths and rockbass tossed in. Used tubes and Deep Baby Normans (the rockbass were hitting the DBN's like crazy, though several bass were also caught on them. My brother caught a 12 inch rock bass which is the largest I have ever seen, although I do not see many in TN.

Tomorrow we will try Anchor Bay, but have never really fished it, so it should be interesting.

Thanks for the comments,
DonC

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We have finished our trip. Had a great time. Thanks Big Dog for the PM tip.
My oldest brother decided to troll the prop wash with the a powerful muskie lure, a Deep Baby Norman, which is a massive 2 inches long, and caught this:

Sky Water Glasses Cloud Vertebrate

Water Sky Cloud Boat Vertebrate

The muskie was 46 inches, caught in Anchor Bay in my oldest brother's Dream Walleye Boat. The link is in first post. Muskie released in good condition. We crush barbs to make release easier. Enjoyed lunch at Jack's and Deckers on LSC and Johnnys on the Lake, on Belleville.

We caught 50 plus bass Friday and 30 plus on Saturday, and with the high winds Sunday, went to Belleville Lake and caught 60 plus bass, mostly smallmouth.

Water Watch Sky Vertebrate Fisherman

Water Vertebrate Sky Smile Goggles

We fished 3 brothers and a friend of the family who has fished with us since 1950's

Water Cap Boat Muscle Vehicle

A memorable time indeed, like the "good old days".

DonC

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts