Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
I used to on occasion when I had a cruise worthy car. But as a low life fight picking west sider I did most of my cruising on Woodward, Telegraph and some local hangouts.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
boater did you used to wear a big leather jacket with the smokes rolled up in your sleeve? you tuff a$$...

·
Registered
3,691 Posts

Never smoked just kept a pack in my sleve to look KEWL.

G

·
OK, first of all I did'nt have a mullet.

This is a pic of my first car I ever bought. A 1974 Monte Carlo. I cruised Gratiot a couple times with it. Then I bought a 1989 pontiac Firebird. T-tops. Fast. What a riot.
Cruise Gratiot, then go catch the show at the Ritz. What a great time.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Used to cruise alot when I was17-18.

Drove a maroon 68 camaro with white interior. My brothers friend used to loan it too me. Was out there a lot with my friend Jess she had a Black Iroc-Z...Hung out at the coin wash too!! Met alot of guys in that thing

Didn't race there. But did race at French Road by city airport. Any body ever go there?

·
Registered
18 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Jan 11 2004, 03:39 PM)pyrate jim, that is one unbelievably hilarous story!!!
and picturing convincor with a mullet?
hee hee!

i just learned that fat cat met his wife, head banging girl, while they were cruisin gratiot! that was a cute story! i'll let her tell it.

i remember cruisin a couple times. once i got to ride in a lotus. NICE! the first time i cruised i think i was 14 and my friend at the time (stacy capron) had her older sister take us... too funny! she picked up guys and me and stacy were like
. i mean, here we are in these cool headbands and down jackets in like, what? 7th grade? 8th grade? lmao!!! it was the first time i smelled pot and i remember thinking it smelled like bananas.

wild woodys still has car shows on sundays from may to oct... AWESOME rides in that show! ahh, memories...
I was cruisin in my 78 black camaro which my brothers had help me make into a really cool ride with mag wheels and air shocks (I used to fill up before going to gratiot) and was pretty well lit when I looked over and saw fatcat in a fiero next to me (yes a fiero) it was love at first sight and and still going strong 19 years later!!
Wow! I was 19 at the time!!! How times flies!

G

·
QUOTE(bikinigirl @ Jan 12 2004, 09:10 AM)Didn't race there. But did race at French Road by city airport. Any body ever go there?
OHH my GOD, French Road!!!!

I can't believe it......you did that too?????

Saturday nights at midnight. THe cops would cruise through and everybody would leave, just to just come back in a half hour and do it again.
My buddy and I would take his Chrysler Conquest there. Turbo. Very fast.

What memories.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
i raced french, lynch, outer drive, mt elliot, 94 service drive, clay&i-75. raced all over till about a year ago when i sold my street car, an ugly 77 nova that ran 11's. fun for the street but now i'm 3/4 of the way done with a real drag car. i was prosimed taht it would turn better then 8.20 possible 8.0 1/4 mile. we'll see.... this summer

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Don't think I ever FULLY experienced Gratiot...

Remember doing one loop from... was white castles the turnraound? It was happening from what I recall... I know people that made a way of life out of it, though.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Woodward, Gratiot, French.....did them all.....hung out at all the drag strips......I still love hot rods to this day! Partied like rock stars...............
what fun! Had to make the choice of cars or boats........boats won!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
QUOTE(Pandora @ Jan 12 2004, 03:42 PM)i raced french, lynch, outer drive, mt elliot, 94 service drive, clay&i-75. raced all over till about a year ago when i sold my street car, an ugly 77 nova that ran 11's. fun for the street but now i'm 3/4 of the way done with a real drag car. i was prosimed taht it would turn better then 8.20 possible 8.0 1/4 mile. we'll see.... this summer
I might have to try out my idea for when Pandora goes to the dragstrip.

Put a microphone inside a funnel to pick-up the sound from the line instead of the guy tunning his car near buy.

In the early 1990's I used to go to the Milan often with friends that raced and shoot video.

Some of the video I shot gave bragging rights to one guy.

Off the line with left tire 1 foot off the grounf and you could see light under the right in slow motion.

I never raced my 1971 Dodge Challenger at the strip, I just cruised it everywhere.

I blew 3 sets of speakers on my home stereo system playing the video tapes made at Milan.

Used to crank it up full blast. You almost felt like you were there on the line.

Hey Pandora!!

Next time you decide to go to the track give me a ring. I haven't been to a race since 1999 Spring Nationals in Columbus, Ohio.

Oh one more thing, I did watch the illeagel races at French and at Mt. Elliot.

Even watched a race from the top parking lot at the old Packard Motor Company. A friend of mine rented space there and we used a 1973 Duster to do break torques with trans fluid - wow - the smoke inside that place, 3 floors worth. We went to the roof for fresh air and seen the races.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
QUOTE(Pandora @ Jan 11 2004, 06:34 PM)hey hammer you mean the black guy they called hitman with the brown monza?
The fast red monza was one of jim wanglers car's (he always paid drivers to drive his car's )-and hammer right, hitman had a gto, pretty sure it was black.
Hey convincor wher did you grow up? waterford?? Looking at how high that monte sit's, I thought ony people from waterford did that.

G

·
QUOTE(3crabs @ Jan 17 2004, 12:12 AM)Hey convincor wher did you grow up? waterford?? Looking at how high that monte sit's, I thought ony people from waterford did that.
That's the way the car was when I bought it. I lived over near Grand Rapids at the time (about 1987). My dad lived over here so I visited him on weekends until I officially moved over here in 1990. Then I bought the Firebird.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
that's right crabs. everything in waterford sat way high in the air. we even called cars like that "waterford rides", too funny.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.