Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

Cruiser Yachts

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  jimcat 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

See less See more
#2 ·
I have looked at a couple of Cruisers Yachts and they are no worse than any of the others actually. Talk to Hammer. I believe that he own one. The older smaller boats seemed a bit less quality than the newer ones though.

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Cruisers has never had any association with Bayliner. Cruisers has always been a family-owned and run operation. The people that run it now bought the company around 1996 or 1997, and are from the area where the company is headquartered in Wisconsin.

History of Cruisers Yachts

I own a 3075, and no it has not been perfect but I haven't had any more issues than others I know with Sea Rays, Donzis, and other higher-priced boats. Plus I get great fuel economy and performance, with fuel injected small blocks (280hp each) and dual-prop stainless wheel stern drives, which are hard to find on many other aft-cabin boats in this size range.

In the price range, you will not find a better overall boat. We looked at them all, including Wellcraft and Regal. The thing that's great about Cruisers is that, if you are buying under 40 feet, these days that is the lower end of their line. Cruisers' ability to compete with their latest and largest in the $1 million plus range is proof of their quality.

You may be thinking of Maxum, which is another brand from the same company that owns SeaRay, Baja, and Bayliner.

BigTree (under Jewels moniker)

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
That's not true coozie, Formula was busted back in in believe 2000 or 2001 actually garbage picking discarded faulty bayliner hulls. They considered it stealing cause the hulls were still on the bayliner property when taken.

They would then paint and retrofit these hulls and sell them as new.

I believe that due to the bust there was a shake up so they had to hire a new CEO. I belive he was hired from the TRACKER corportation so I'm sure the quality has improved greatly.

#8 ·
The Coozie apologizes for any statements in reference to the Cruiser Line of boats that were derogatory in nature. It seems that a couple of different LSCN members had the password to the account....but maybe had different plans for the I.D. The Coozie is all about the love as CBJ
would say!!!

#9 ·
In all the years of boat shopping <_< I keep coming back to Cruisers. GOOD QUALITY. Craftmanship and care!

Isn't it Sea Ray that is owned by the same company as Bayliner??????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.