Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did Ruby tree farms for a couple of years...

did Blakes for a few...

Trees seem scrappy.

We need a new place to try to get a nice tall tree. 8-11 ft.

Anyone have a favorite?

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
For 17 years I cut one down with in 100 yards of my house, up in Gaylord!

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
QUOTE(HazyMemory @ Nov 27 2003, 10:14 PM)I know of none, but I am thinking about doing that myself this year since I HAVE TO GET A TREE now.
I bought a fake tree last year, complete with lights on it, and I am not going to put it up this year!

Ba-hum-bug!

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
You probably have a long weekend.....why not???

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
It is only a 3.5 hour drive up!

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
3.5 back

Those days are long gone.

Used to hunt out of Lincoln. Drive up one day bait/plant...drive back home.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
fake ones dont look that bad,.now a days no needles on carpet, no watering, no hassel taking down,trying not to get needles out of carpet,can still do the family thing decorating.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
isn't ruby tree farms up by algonac??? i want to cut down a tree this year. NEVER had a real one and it's about time i did!! i want to CHOP it down with an AX. i dont want to go to the kroger's parking lot and get one there...

suggestions? close to home. i'm not traveling this weekend...

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
QUOTE(MaryJane @ Nov 28 2003, 10:06 AM)isn't ruby tree farms up by algonac??? i want to cut down a tree this year. NEVER had a real one and it's about time i did!! i want to CHOP it down with an AX. i dont want to go to the kroger's parking lot and get one there...

suggestions? close to home. i'm not traveling this weekend...
MJ It's up in Ruby, Mi. Exit 257 I think. It's a nice place but the trees are scaggely.

We get a real tree for the family memories! Tramping through the trees, searching out that perfect tree, cider, donuts, usually a warm fire....

I am thinking Santa's Pride in Romeo...

Still searchin'

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Just buy a fake, pre-lit one. Its SOOOOO much easier, and no needles.

·
12,052 Posts
QUOTE(afiremen @ Nov 27 2003, 10:16 PM)I bought a fake tree last year, complete with lights on it, and I am not going to put it up this year!

Ba-hum-bug!

I'm thinking the same thing Mike.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Please let us know how it goes, and where it is in Romeo! We are taking our 2 year old to get his first X-mas tree! He is very excited, and we are going on Sunday. Thanks!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
ON the way home is a nice, warm cozy restaurant, I think it's this one....I remember it was on the East side of the road and at the y in the road or something....been a couple of years since I went there. orchard café If I remember correctly it's two restaurants or a bar on one side....Anyway, have fun cutting.

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Nov 28 2003, 11:38 AM)Just buy a fake, pre-lit one. Its SOOOOO much easier, and no needles.

You just don't understand...

Someday when you have kids you will...

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(garydebs @ Nov 28 2003, 04:26 PM)QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Nov 28 2003, 11:38 AM) Just buy a fake, pre-lit one. Its SOOOOO much easier, and no needles.

You just don't understand...

Someday when you have kids you will...
What? The kids forced you to get a real one?

I would think that when I have kids, that would give me even less time to try to deal with a real tree.

Out of my 29 Christmases (or is the plural form Christmasi?) I've NEVER had a real tree.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts