Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Premium Member
7,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did Ruby tree farms for a couple of years...

did Blakes for a few...

Trees seem scrappy.

We need a new place to try to get a nice tall tree. 8-11 ft.

Anyone have a favorite?

· Premium Member
7,087 Posts
QUOTE(MaryJane @ Nov 28 2003, 10:06 AM)isn't ruby tree farms up by algonac??? i want to cut down a tree this year. NEVER had a real one and it's about time i did!! i want to CHOP it down with an AX. i dont want to go to the kroger's parking lot and get one there...

suggestions? close to home. i'm not traveling this weekend...
MJ It's up in Ruby, Mi. Exit 257 I think. It's a nice place but the trees are scaggely.

We get a real tree for the family memories! Tramping through the trees, searching out that perfect tree, cider, donuts, usually a warm fire....

I am thinking Santa's Pride in Romeo...

Still searchin'

· Premium Member
7,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Nov 28 2003, 11:38 AM)Just buy a fake, pre-lit one. Its SOOOOO much easier, and no needles.

You just don't understand...

Someday when you have kids you will...

· Premium Member
7,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
OK...

Just got back!

Santa's Pride Christmas trees. In Romeo Take M-53 to 36. About 3 miles down you will start to see signs for it. Just follow the signs.

We got a 10 foot Black mountain spruce for $38

Although they didn't have all the amenities...IE Hot cider, donuts, etc. We did have a good time and went on a ride.
Good memories for the kids and ourselves.

We will probably get on of those fan dangled plastic trees when we are old and gray and the kids have all moved out. NOTHING BEATS A FRESH CUT TREE. Good warmth and atmosphere!

After we stopped at Romeo Family Resturant. We will have to check your suggestion another time Three crabs...we had already left by the time we seen your post.

· Premium Member
7,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Nov 28 2003, 09:00 PM)QUOTE(garydebs @ Nov 28 2003, 08:47 PM) QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Nov 28 2003, 04:39 PM) I hope you get sap in your hairs.

Watch out the next time you're by a well and I'm around

Can't you come up with anything new already?

Can't you ever post something without pissing someone off?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.