Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this is what I get for being a nice guy...

Called my old man to see if he wanted to go for a boat ride tomorrow, maybe bring my niece out to the tot lot in "da moot" or something...

As soon as I say, "what are you doing tomorrow", he says, "sure let's do it tomorrow! I was hoping you would call and tell me you would help me tomorrow. I really want to get this done."

Just then I remembered, he wants me to help him put a new doorwall in his house...

I was really hoping to make that a fall project myself. Now I'm stuck...
I almost hope it rains so I don't feel so bad about missing a beautiful day in "da moot."

Am I wrong for feeling this way?

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Wrong for wishing rain for the rest of us!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Get there early Wiz and haul a$$ to get the job done...you can hopefully still make it out on the H2O by 3:00.

Please don't wish for rain...I got cool plans for tomorrow

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not wishing for rain... Just bumming for myself... I'm thinkin' I'll be ready for multiple beers at Metro tomorrow night! Who's all gonna be there?

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
I'm going to see Michael McDonald (former lead singer of the Doobie Bros.) Can't wait ~ I think he's great! Should be a cool, kind of mellow yet great concert.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(Shandog @ Jul 11 2003, 07:07 PM)I'm going to see Michael McDonald (former lead singer of the Doobie Bros.) Can't wait ~ I think he's great! Should be a cool, kind of mellow yet great concert.
I saw something about that concert on the news this morning... I think he's doing a bunch of Motown stuff with a back-up symphony... What they showed on the news sounded good! Have Fun!

G

·
If it is a special made doorwall, make sure home owners covers it...
and accidentally drop a hammer or a saw on the glass so it breaks, than you got 2-4 weeks before the new one is ready !

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(Mahn Grayvee @ Jul 11 2003, 07:17 PM)If it is a special made doorwall, make sure home owners covers it...
and accidentally drop a hammer or a saw on the glass so it breaks, than you got 2-4 weeks before the new one is ready !

No such luck... Standard 6 foot doorwall...

G

·
QUOTE(TheWiz @ Jul 11 2003, 06:25 PM)QUOTE(Mahn Grayvee @ Jul 11 2003, 07:17 PM) If it is a special made doorwall, make sure home owners covers it...

No such luck... Standard 6 foot doorwall...

6 foot, d*mn you people are tall !
i have a doggie type door off the back of my house

·
Registered
162 Posts
Wiz,

I totally feel your pain! I've been stuck working on my own house for two weeks straight! My Mom was trying to do be a favor and hired a contractor to do some stuff while I was on a business trip. He wasn't reliable...so, I wound up with my entire kitchen and upstairs torn up. Now, I HAVE to finish it before I can put the for sale sign out front.

I hired my a couple of people to work on some things I can't do myself (like putting walls back up!) and gave them a key. There is no way I'm missing another beautiful day on the lake!

Why don't you head to the Roostertail after you wrap up?

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
ZMAN check your messages!

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
I missed 4 weeks of boating doing Honey-do-Projects..(Which had to get done) Then the crappy weather set in and I'm working today. It better be nice tomorrow...

Help your Dad..... Go early, don't rush.. Just do a good steady job and then hit the water... I'm sure your Dad needs the new doorwall....

Last week my wife wanted to go to the movies and I wanted to go on the lake.. Well, it was great weather while we were at the movies and then it turned crappy out again when we got out of the show... Go figure.. But I did the movie thing to make my wife happy....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts