Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22,944 Posts
AP2 is all shipshape, ready for a boat trip to the Bruce Peninsula.

Dave did a great job squeezing me into his schedule, and figuring out what was what quickly. I'm very pleased with the result.

Nice chatting with ya Dan (Dos mangos)

P.S. Cracked a 1,000 season miles today.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I started a post once that said:

I think boating means how fast we can get our repairs made.

Glad all went well.

When my outdrive was repaired, I would of never found the seal that was bad. Had it back under a weeks time. It was a seal under the water pump that slipped off, they see it a lot on the new alpha one gen two's and merc still makes this knowing it's a bad set up.

·
Registered
22,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the boat isn't right, I feel perpetually bummed!

Fortunately, the inverse is also true!

Often amazes me to think just how many parts there are in things like outdrives, and how even the simplest, smallest ones are critical. One little rubber o-ring can be a show stopper!

Glad you got if fixed Jeff (before you ran out of shins!
)

·
Registered
22,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(JD @ Jul 21 2009, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I wanted to see my shin bone at the cost of 7 sticthes a little down time at the Urgent care and couldn't swim in LSC while on vacation.

Summertime+Vacation+Can't Swim = Water Torture!

·
Registered
22,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(fish n chicks @ Jul 22 2009, 08:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Glad to hear you're back in action AP. What ended up being the issue?
It turned out to be basic ignition maintenance related. Actually, it was all things I should have been able to figure out and do, but the varying symptoms just didn't seem like ignition to me. I didn't do a good just of checking out what I should have before hand, but all is good now, and I didn't get any cuts and bruises in the process!

QUOTE(Dos mangos @ Jul 22 2009, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Glad it worked out AP, enjoy the trip and be safe !
Thanks! Hope you have fun on your trip too!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.