Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I'm sad to report that a friend to many of us on this board, Dave Rainey, lost his battle with MS sometime Weds, night. After contracting MS a few years ago, he and his family moved back to Missouri to be closer to family. Evidently Dave did not wake up thursday morning, May 1st. I do not know any more details, since I was informed of this through a mutal friend of mine and Dave's. Dave was an active member of the MBCF and an excellent fisherman,.....he had to quit fishing and sell his boat and tackle when his failing eyesight became a "safety issue" and they needed money for medical bills....MS is a nasty disease,....striking him in his 40's!! Please keep Dave and his family in your thoughts and prayers. Peace Dave,..we will miss you!

Mac

·
Registered
206 Posts
Dave was a true gentleman and a fine friend. He will truly be missed.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and other friends.

Dave

·
Registered
440 Posts
That is sad news, Bill. As you might remember, on this board I mentioned Dave a short time ago and wondered how he was doing. I'm sorry to hear that another fishin' friend has passed away.

I do know that the making the State Team at Les Cheneaux and fishing the Federation Divisional at Rend Lake was a very happy time for him. As the only two members of the Clinton Valley Bass Anglers to fish the Les Cheneaux state championship, we shared a room at one of the cabins in Hessel. Even though the shower barely dribbled a few drops of cold water at a time, he never complained. He truly seemed to enjoy our three day fishless practice. He had a great time at a Hessel tavern the evening after learning that he was very much in contention to make the team by catching three big fish (I think) on the first day while paired with boater, Dave Carter. After making the team, well, that's all he could talk about on the way home. It was quite a thrill for him to have that opportunity. At the Northern Divisional at Rend Lake in Illinois, I believe he was holding the top spot for Michigan after the second day and eventually finished second to a very good angler, Ted Prisbe. I know that he was very proud of his accomplishments in the Federation and am sure that the whole experience was one of the highlights of his life.

Bill, do you have Cindy's address? I would like to send my condolences and I'm sure that others would like to do the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts