Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Started of today with 2 Muskie right of the bat didnt even get half our rods out. we then go 2 hours with nuthin just me bailing weeds, weeds, weeds and more weeds. untill im cleaning weeds and I pick the rod up and scream there goes the drag ski on turns out to be a 42 in. then nothing just more weeds more weeds more weeds we had alot of people on the boat today so I thought of a rod that was awesome one day last year and since we had the people we could run it. I hook it up with this sexy looking spinnerbait no more than 5 minutes in the holder scream goes the drag i pick it up and i say BIG FISH we slow the boat down it makes run after run after run 10 min goes by finally shows its self and the guys went nuts. we get it in the boat high fives all around, then I hear theres your mount...enough to make any personwho truly loves these fish heart sink, So i Immediatly lets get measurments for your replica and they say i would rather have the real thing and well thats about all I can do as a mate the fish was 53 34.9lbs. Good news is he is going to st. clair flats today. We ended the day 6 for 7. 11 for 12 2 day total.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Good deal! That's a huge fish. It's OK to mount one that big. Not too many years left in it and it's probably past it's prime IMO.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(little guy @ Jul 31 2009, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good deal! That's a huge fish. It's OK to mount one that big. Not too many years left in it and it's probably past it's prime IMO.

I hope your right kinda sucks...would have like to see how big it would have got ehhhh. I want a bigger one tommorow but I dont If they want to keep it I cant kill 2 of that size I think its a sin haha.

·
Registered
333 Posts
IMHO, I think I would have put the fish in the revival tank to have a heart-to-heart with the guy. Explain to him why it's so important that the fish goes back in the water. Also, try to tell him the facts about skin mounts. The heads tend to shrink, the fins split, etc. A replica is a little more money (not much nowadays) but it lasts much longer. You'd be surprised how many people don't realize how close the cost comparison can be. When I take out new people in my boat, it is always understood before the first lure touches the water that ALL fish go back in the water. My boat, my rules. Period.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
QUOTE(Jim tenHaaf @ Jul 31 2009, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>IMHO, I think I would have put the fish in the revival tank to have a heart-to-heart with the guy. Explain to him why it's so important that the fish goes back in the water. Also, try to tell him the facts about skin mounts. The heads tend to shrink, the fins split, etc. A replica is a little more money (not much nowadays) but it lasts much longer. You'd be surprised how many people don't realize how close the cost comparison can be. When I take out new people in my boat, it is always understood before the first lure touches the water that ALL fish go back in the water. My boat, my rules. Period.

I have those rules in my boat as well. ALL bass & musky go back, can only keep the smaller pike & walleye. They can keep all the panfish they want (within the legal limit of course). If they don't like that rule then they stay at the dock.

BTW, by killing that ski you just made a lot of walleye & perch fishermen happy.

·
Registered
94 Posts
QUOTE(Jim tenHaaf @ Jul 31 2009, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>IMHO, I think I would have put the fish in the revival tank to have a heart-to-heart with the guy. Explain to him why it's so important that the fish goes back in the water. Also, try to tell him the facts about skin mounts. The heads tend to shrink, the fins split, etc. A replica is a little more money (not much nowadays) but it lasts much longer. You'd be surprised how many people don't realize how close the cost comparison can be. When I take out new people in my boat, it is always understood before the first lure touches the water that ALL fish go back in the water. My boat, my rules. Period.

I agree, fish of that caliber are breeders and could also be someone elses trophy of a lifetime. In Kenai AK on the Kenai river king salmon 48-55" are released(state rules) and for good reason (to spawn) although the fish is going to die the thousands of eggs will be fertilized with the genes of a trophy sized fish and that is why all of us should keep only what we intend to consume and follow Brunners advice and let it go, let it grow

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
QUOTE(72larson @ Jul 31 2009, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(SpinnerBait @ Jul 31 2009, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yea thats a nice fish. too bad they wanted to mount it. it wouldnt be so bad but thats alot of big fish gone this year that size.

tell him great job on the once in a life time fish there's plenty of those damn tings to go around

dont start this sh*t bro. me and mike texted back and fourth today and I told him good job and again on this post. just stating that many big fish have died. I would like to see a fish released. but the person who caught the fish have the right to do what they want. and I have the right to say what I want..

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
QUOTE(Jim tenHaaf @ Jul 31 2009, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(WALLEYE JUNKIE @ Jul 31 2009, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That was a p.m. he received from spinnerbait newbie!

Yet it still made its way onto the site...

What a nice p.m. to receive! Hes just showing what kind of person spinnerbait realy is!

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
QUOTE(WALLEYE JUNKIE @ Jul 31 2009, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Jim tenHaaf @ Jul 31 2009, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(WALLEYE JUNKIE @ Jul 31 2009, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That was a p.m. he received from spinnerbait newbie!

Yet it still made its way onto the site...

What a nice p.m. to receive! Hes just showing what kind of person spinnerbait realy is!

whatever man..a personal message should be kept private. I said what I said to keep the drama off the site. I see you guys want to start crap again like winter

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
QUOTE(WALLEYE JUNKIE @ Jul 31 2009, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just report it to the mods 72larson these guy well keep going for days!

whatever man. this is why I stopped postin. too many jokers on here. reprt what? me tellin him to go f**k himself? big deal. it was a message sent to him. you guys need to end up like that guy timeye

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
QUOTE(SpinnerBait @ Jul 31 2009, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(WALLEYE JUNKIE @ Jul 31 2009, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just report it to the mods 72larson these guy well keep going for days!

whatever man. this is why I stopped postin. too many jokers on here. reprt what? me tellin him to go f**k himself? big deal. it was a message sent to him. you guys need to end up like that guy timeye

If you could just quit running your fingers on the keyboard this kind of crap would stop!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.