Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tuesdays are tough, did everyone make it through without a drop??

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
I'm hanging in there! The no booze thing is no big deal at all - I can go a month w/out drinking and it really wouldn't bother me nor be any sort of a sacrifice.

Having a hard time getting over my sweet tooth, however. I am keeping my "cheating" on the no carb diet to an absolute minimum though - and it's only at night when the chocolate monster comes knocking at my door.

I made my lemon chix last night for dinner and BOY it was yummy! Has anyone tried the recipe yet??

Also - no nicotine in me for 8 days now! Wahoo!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(Shandog @ Jan 8 2004, 10:03 AM)I'm hanging in there! The no booze thing is no big deal at all - I can go a month w/out drinking and it really wouldn't bother me nor be any sort of a sacrifice.

Having a hard time getting over my sweet tooth, however. I am keeping my "cheating" on the no carb diet to an absolute minimum though - and it's only at night when the chocolate monster comes knocking at my door.

I made my lemon chix last night for dinner and BOY it was yummy! Has anyone tried the recipe yet??

Nicotine is bad bad bad, and tough to beat, so CONGRATS!!!
As for the lemon chicken, I was going to make it last night, didn't quite get to it. I am going to make it tomorrow!!

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
QUOTE(MONEYSHOT @ Jan 8 2004, 10:49 AM)QUOTE(Shandog @ Jan 8 2004, 10:03 AM)I'm hanging in there! The no booze thing is no big deal at all - I can go a month w/out drinking and it really wouldn't bother me nor be any sort of a sacrifice.

Nicotine is bad bad bad, and tough to beat, so CONGRATS!!!
As for the lemon chicken, I was going to make it last night, didn't quite get to it. I am going to make it tomorrow!!
oh yum!! Can i come over for din din
j/k, but let me know how it turns out

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
DAY Eight and feeling great!!!! Rhythms!

This non-drinking thing is not a problem, however, quitting smoking I am sure is very,very hard. Good job to all you that are quitting! You all Rock!

Positive thoughts coming all your way!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(BlondeStreak @ Jan 8 2004, 10:57 AM)So far, I've had no problem BUTT, I haven't gone to any parties either!!

That will be the test!
You have a big weekend coming up too, what are you going to do???

·
Registered
409 Posts
QUOTE(MONEYSHOT @ Jan 8 2004, 11:01 AM)QUOTE(BlondeStreak @ Jan 8 2004, 10:57 AM) So far, I've had no problem BUTT, I haven't gone to any parties either!!

That will be the test!
I planned on being on the wagon until Friday night, January 23 when we get up to Boyne. So, that will be 23 days on the wagon.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
QUOTE(BlondeStreak @ Jan 8 2004, 12:03 PM)QUOTE(MONEYSHOT @ Jan 8 2004, 11:01 AM) QUOTE(BlondeStreak @ Jan 8 2004, 10:57 AM) So far, I've had no problem BUTT, I haven't gone to any parties either!!

That will be the test!
I planned on being on the wagon until Friday night, January 23 when we get up to Boyne. So, that will be 23 days on the wagon.
You can do it until then, Blondestreak. Heck, half of us are on the wagon with you! We will keep you line chicka-boom!

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Shan, I want your lemon chicken recipe. Colombo's in downtown Mt. Clemens makes the best! I can't find a good recipe to even come close.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Not a problem here either, but then I haven't gone out as well. I do have to say that staying home all day all night alone sucks well atleast I have Little Tree, but ya know what I mean! I have temptations to open a bottle of wine, tho....hmm maybe I will maybe I won't. At this point I really don't care either way.
I like my wine what can I say!

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
QUOTE(BoatChic @ Jan 8 2004, 11:43 AM)My Wheel Fell Off on Day 1

i don't think I even got the wheels on my wagon

·
Registered
409 Posts
QUOTE(jewels @ Jan 8 2004, 11:38 AM)Not a problem here either, but then I haven't gone out as well. I do have to say that staying home all day all night alone sucks well atleast I have Little Tree, but ya know what I mean! I have temptations to open a bottle of wine, tho....hmm maybe I will maybe I won't. At this point I really don't care either way.

I had a conversation with my friend Michelle in Arizona who recently had her second child and can finally stay home with her kids. She said she is now drinks every night to take the edge off of her chaotic day.

I laughed my a$$ off!!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE(jewels @ Jan 8 2004, 11:38 AM)Not a problem here either, but then I haven't gone out as well. I do have to say that staying home all day all night alone sucks well atleast I have Little Tree, but ya know what I mean! I have temptations to open a bottle of wine, tho....hmm maybe I will maybe I won't. At this point I really don't care either way.

What??? You fell off like the 3rd day!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
QUOTEWhat??? You fell off like the 3rd day!

ummmm No, I didn't fall off on the third day, did ya read the whole thing?
I said I'm bored and have felt like having a glass of wine, just one glass is all! Well then I did have a glass of wine at Nicole's Friday <_< Awwh shucks, I give up I think I might have some wine tonight!

As long as I'm not getting stinkin drunk with a nasty a$$ hangover the next day, I'll have a glass of wine. I guess I'm on the "Mini wine Wagon"!
Yeah that's it.!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts