Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
a.k.a EZC
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright NASCAR fans. The Daytona 500 is this Sunday. Who's into it and where are we watching?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Shouldn't your question be "Where can I go and watch this all by myself"
j/k

·
Registered
268 Posts
I might get flamed for this, but NASCAR has to be the most boring, outdated, archaeic and unimaginative form of auto racing ever invented. Hence why it's confined to only the US. How can you get excited about this when they have F1, WRC, Super Touring Championship, DTM, LeMans, CART and the American Trans Am series?

NASCAR driving handbook

How to drive a Nascar

Accelerate, coast down, turn left, repeat....

The End.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
I'm in.....The Re is a huge Nascar fan now that I've joined a Nascar Fantasy league. Spread out I plan on beating all my buddies. Well see who wants to watch it and get something going EZC. I know of a few locations to enjoy the show.

·
a.k.a EZC
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got my team going this morning Re. Maybe a little wager is in order?

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
Theres a great neck-car bar on the corner of Gratiot and Utica, discounts if you have a 09-Dale Earnhart sticker on the rear window of your pick-up truck.

Although I think most of the neck-car fans will be watching the race from their trailer.

JK, NASCAR always seems to be the butt of ******* jokes, although 75% are justified.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I am a HUGE NASCAR fan, and would love to have people over, but I have a f***ing B-day party. I mean come on people, check the schedule!

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Alright Rob take 2 cars to the party.....leave the house open for me and well see you when the parties over.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'd love to join you guys, but I'm staying in Ann Arbor this weekend, so I will probably just watch it with some guys from the race team I'm on.

What fantasy league did you guys join? I've been thinking about getting in one, but I know very little about them. I did something similar a few years ago with a friend and ended up winning the thing, so I think I'd be pretty good at it?

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
it's a fun race to watch and drink to! lol! i want to, but i have a STOOPID baby shower to go to, and i'm responsible for getting my mom there and home.

what time does the race start? shooters has always been a cool place to watch the 500. just a suggestion.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
My buddy Billy run's the Rosie O'Grady's on Hayes south of 19 mile. They're having a big NASCAR party w/free food & drink specials. I can get a section setup for us w/some extra perq's, if there is enough interest.

I'm meeting a bunch of people there on Sunday after the Ice Fishing Kids Day thing.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
QUOTE(Watergirlbunny @ Feb 10 2004, 10:13 AM)YYYEEEEHHHAWWW! We get to watch cars drive 'round real fast in a big 'ol circle!!
HEY!!
We also get to drink!

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ Feb 10 2004, 10:42 AM)My buddy Billy run's the Rosie O'Grady's on Hayes south of 19 mile. They're having a big NASCAR party w/free food & drink specials. I can get a section setup for us w/some extra perq's, if there is enough interest.

I'm meeting a bunch of people there on Sunday after the Ice Fishing Kids Day thing.
there ya go! awesome!

·
a.k.a EZC
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE(Intimidator @ Feb 10 2004, 10:07 AM)What fantasy league did you guys join?
Yahoo Fantasy Sports

·
Registered
338 Posts
QUOTE(Watergirlbunny @ Feb 10 2004, 10:13 AM)YYYEEEEHHHAWWW! We get to watch cars drive 'round real fast in a big 'ol circle!!
I'm confused? Is it Denise or Dennis? A pretty powerful second post.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts