Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I got the a minn kota power drive with auto pilot, now I'm looking into battery chargers. I have a 24v motor, so I'm looking at a 3 bank charger (2 for the trolling motor and 1 for the ignition battery)

I like the idea of a DC charger that runs off my alternator (it's a 60 amp alt. in a 115 Optimax)

Any thoughts, is DC a good solution, or should I go with the AC and plug it in at home.

Thanks,

Joe

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
I charge my cranking bat from the motor, as it was installed from Ranger. But I've got a four bank to plug in in the garage. I like the AC charger because it automatically charges according to each battery's needs-trickle, ramp charge, deep cycle, cranking bat, etc...

·
Registered
120 Posts
I like the AC charger 15 amp per bat if you go with 10 amp. charge with 15/20 amp charge 3 or 4 times a year. I have one for sale in classifieds call me if you have ? . minn kota chargers were bad so thay replaced with Dual Pro charger 12 volt battery charger three bank pro charger 45 amp 15 15 15 Motor vehicle Automotive tire Grass Automotive exterior Gas

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
You really need both. For sure an AC charger! You can add a DC charger for use while on the water.

I have a Pro Xtra (24v) that will charge your trolling batteries from your outboard while on the water for sale. its not listed, but if you buy Darrens charger, I will give you agood deal on the Pro Xtra.....same brand as the three bank shown above.

Contact darren for his and Darren will get ahold of me

·
Banned
657 Posts
If your interested, I sell the PS3 Dual Pro-charger New for $327.56 with the LSC discount. Freight extra or pick up at my Detroit store at 8 Mile & telegrap area. 3 Year Warranty! This does not have the "Charge on the run" feature but it is a professional grade 15 amp charger!

Regards,
Rob Dumas BatteryMan
Complete Battery Source
24731 W. 8 Mile Rd.
Detroit, MI. 48219

313-LEAD-INC

·
Banned
657 Posts
QUOTE(BatteryMan @ Aug 27 2009, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If your interested, I sell the PS3 Dual Pro-charger New for $327.56 with the LSC discount. Freight extra or pick up at my Detroit store at 8 Mile & telegrap area. 3 Year Warranty! This does not have the "Charge on the run" feature but it is a professional grade 15 amp charger!

Regards,
Rob Dumas BatteryMan
Complete Battery Source
24731 W. 8 Mile Rd.
Detroit, MI. 48219

313-LEAD-INC

The Professional Series chargers have set the standard in the marine industry for more than a decade. They are known as the safest, most reliable, and best performing battery chargers in the industry. Across a broad range of fishing and recreational boats, Pro Charging Systems keeps boaters on the water longer while extending the life of their batteries. Dual ProTM charging technology has been and continues to be the choice of over 50 boat manufacturers and professional fishermen on the B.A.S.S. and FLW tournament circuit.

Battery Charging System Designed for Use On Land and in Fresh and Salt Water

•The "Green" Charger: Totally "Repairable" Not a Throw-Away
•Unmatched Performance, Reliability, Safety and Quality
•TROUBLE FREE - Just Plug It In and Forget It!
•Join Over 750,000 of Our Satisfied Customers!
•Fully Automatic and Totally Waterproof
May be used in many types of sporting applications including: Inland Watercraft, Salt Water Watercraft, Motorcycles, Golf Carts, Utility Vehicles...

Product Features

•Approved for Wet Cell and AGM batteries
•Models also available for Gelled Electrolyte batteries
•Designed for use in fresh and saltwater
•Dependable, rugged construction
•Waterproof
•Independent outputs
•Fully automatic / multi stage charging
•Zero spark technology
•Battery maintenance mode
•On-board diagnostic codes
•Temperature compensated
•Advanced microprocessor controlled
•Battery systems available: 12V - 48V
•LED lights indicate the state of charge
•Reverse polarity protected
•No installation restrictions
•FCC Parts A & B interference compliant
•DC charge cables = 5ft. AC power cord = 3ft.
•Approved and meets ISO 8846 Marine standards
•Ignition protected (US Coast Guard 33 CFR 183.410

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.