Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught over a hundred fish on the afternoon trip. Started about 2, and fished till 5:30. Action was constant, but mostly dinks. Kept 32 and some of them probably should have been thrown back but they were frozen. Mostly caught on Rappala.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote name='billdozer' date='Jan 30 2010, 07:47 PM' post='972447']
thats more than 32. dont tell me youre one of those dudes who let the dinkers freeze then stuff em down the hole and expect em to wake up. either way, you win, my day wasnt worth reporting

They stayed warm in the bucket and all swam away. Except for about 4 which I kept and cleaned.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I do not think that the DNR would believe you if you said that you were going to throw 24 of them back but that is just my opinion. It looks to me that you were 24 over your limit if you were fishing alone.

Bob

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Why keep the small ones until you leave? That just doesnt make sense to me, but it seems like a lot of people do it. Just throw the small ones back and avoid the issue entirely. And yes, you would have gotten a hefty fine for having 20 or so perch over your limit. Dont mean to rag on ya, i just dont understand the point of keeping them all. Really nice catch though.

·
Registered
157 Posts
It looks like you have 65 dead fish there . That's a little much man unless you live off the shoreline in a tent . I'm glad my bass aren't good eating ! Nice catch's though ! Just think about OUR future fisher's and circle of life next time !

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nice job on the fish! I have done some fishing with my fathers buddy that is a DNR officer and we have always done the keep and sort technique. As long as the fish are kept warm, sorted, thrown back and limit of fish is taken your alright. You must be in a fixed location, not fishing hole to hole. Cannot be walking while in possetion of too many fish. Do not leave your spot before releasing live fish to keep only your limit. This does not apply to soft water fishing. Keeping small fish only helps the jumbo population, so keep as many as you can clean! Tired of hearing people whine about that s***! Do some research and you will find that it's beneficial to the lakes jumbo perch.
Good luck on the ice!

·
Registered
68 Posts
huntnfish84, I think that you are wrong. Once you have your limit of species, in this case 50 perch, you have reached your limit and anything added to that is over your limit. If you have reached 49 perch in your possesion and you catch another one that you want to keep you must release one of the other smaller fish, that is assuming they are healthy enough to be released. That way you still have 49 fish in your possesion. Once you have 50 perch in your possesion and keep another one you are in violation of the law. Not being a smarta-- but can you give me the name of the DNR officer in question? Thanks.

Bob

·
Registered
451 Posts
QUOTE(Bob T @ Feb 1 2010, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>huntnfish84, I think that you are wrong. Once you have your limit of species, in this case 50 perch, you have reached your limit and anything added to that is over your limit. If you have reached 49 perch in your possesion and you catch another one that you want to keep you must release one of the other smaller fish, that is assuming they are healthy enough to be released. That way you still have 49 fish in your possesion. Once you have 50 perch in your possesion and keep another one you are in violation of the law. Not being a smarta-- but can you give me the name of the DNR officer in question? Thanks.

Bob

Pretty staright forward if ya ask me... 50 is your limit... You cannot have more!

·
Registered
157 Posts
QUOTE(huntnfish84 @ Feb 1 2010, 10:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Keeping small fish only helps the jumbo population, so keep as many as you can clean! Tired of hearing people whine about that s***! Do some research and you will find that it's beneficial to the lakes jumbo perch.
Good luck on the ice!

I wasn't referring to keeping or releasing small fish , But was referring to 65+ dead/half dead perch sitting on the ice . I counted 50 easily just around the outside perimeter . I was raised to respect this sport and i'd feel ashamed for not adding my .02 !

·
Registered
115 Posts
Nobody has any grounds to rag him. He did not say either way if he was by himself or with a group of people. Until it's proved that he did something against the law I say nice job.

·
LSCN Sponsor since March 2010
1,435 Posts
thats nice

1 - 19 of 19 Posts