Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever launch at Deckers Landing? I have a 38' offshore to launch and they said no problem. Any one with any comments about the launch?

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Someone correct me if I'm wrong cause I only launched there once and it was a few years ago.....but I remember there ramp to be in very bad shape. IMO

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Ray

You know me as 96Vyper. I wouldn't launch from Deckers. The ramp is very small when I last looked at it. I would launch from DNR ramp in Clinton River.

I just got the boat into the well tonight. Stop by this weekend, well 201.

Hows the work on the 47 Fountain?

·
Registered
179 Posts
The last time I was at Deckers the ramp was in decent shape and you have instant access to deep water. Don't launch at the dnr ramp on anchor bay drive, as it's pretty small and shallow. If that side of the lake is close for you there's a very nice dnr launch outside of algonac, near the ferry to harsen's.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Mooseknuckle,

Are you keeping the Formula at Sassy? What did you decide re: bottom paint? IIRC, you were looking at a couple of different options. FWIW, we kept one of our boats in the water for maybe two months one year - nice green slime on the bottom, and lost 10 mph on the top end. Cleaned right up when I had it pulled and acid washed; after that, it was like a whole new boat.

Will they let you put a hydrohoist or other lift in at Sassy?

·
Registered
113 Posts
QUOTE(Raypanic @ May 13 2003, 04:16 PM)Anyone ever launch at Deckers Landing? I have a 38' offshore to launch and they said no problem. Any one with any comments about the launch?
They launched my friends 38' Chris Craft a month ago with no problems. His boat has a 14' beam, and weighs about 26,000 lbs. So I don't think they'll have a problem with your boat.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Ray's 47 Fountain with brand spankin' new Mitcher T graphics...

For many, many more pics, head over to www.raymondbaldwin.com - I want to be Ray when I grow up!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MooseKnuckle:

I will be out there this weekend - no boat though, I am having a guy remove the hoist in my well so I can get the boat in there and tie it up. I will stop buy on saturday and check out the new Formula. I shouldn't bring my wife as she likes cruisers but I will. Just leave the keys in it if your not there

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Ray,

Well maybe we could workout an arrangement one sunny summer day...you could take the Formula for a cruise with all the comforts of home and wife and I will test out the 47 and new power when complete.

Did you decide on tripple 525 EFI's? Or were you going to put in Triple 500 EFI's with Whipple chargers?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds Good to me! I can get good pictures that way!

The 47 will be outfitted with 500 EFi's I will let the next owner put big power if they want. I did remove exhaust tips so I can put 4 1/2" dry pipes through the transom. This will allow big power in the future. It should do low 80's with the 500's

1 - 13 of 13 Posts