Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might be a long shot as I can't remember what site it was on, but I remember seeing a post from a guy in michigan who had a blood tracking dog. He was pretty open about bringing his dog out to track deer for anyone.

Well my buddy hit a nice old buck with good solid mass pretty solid but ran out of blood just as it was getting dark. He's heading out before first light tomorrow as it is state land. I'd like to give this guy with the dog a shout but cant find the post & phone number. Anyone have it???

Oh and if you have some vacation time now's the time to be in the woods - bucks are a movin'!!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
There is one guy on the Michigan Gun Owners website (MGO) that was offering to track deer with his year old blood hound. The guy said his only restriction was that the hunting area be within a half hour of Lake Orion. Do not know him personally but his offer was open to all MGO members, might be worth giving him a call.

Please put my number in your phone before you head out this season. We need both easy and more difficult trails this year!

Thanks,
Byron

Last edited

·
Registered
528 Posts
There was a business card of someone offering this service at Browns Archery in Goodrich, MI. I didnt pick up the card, but if you call up there in the morning, they could give you the number? They are in the Ace Hardware. I think its listed as Browns hardware, but they have a fairly nice little archery shop in the back.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks buckhunter that was the exact ad I was thinking of, couldn't remember what site I saw it on.

Luckily his services weren't needed. My buddy found his deer after a 200 yard track with minimal blood. It was a double lung hit but his mechanical broadhead never opened. I HATE those things, hope he finally changes over to fixed. He's lucky his shot placement was perfect.

Deer was a real nice big bodied 3 year old 6pt. Now its time for me to get mine!

·
3,236 Posts
QUOTE(fantastixvoyage @ Nov 3 2009, 01:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks buckhunter that was the exact ad I was thinking of, couldn't remember what site I saw it on.

Luckily his services weren't needed. My buddy found his deer after a 200 yard track with minimal blood. It was a double lung hit but his mechanical broadhead never opened. I HATE those things, hope he finally changes over to fixed. He's lucky his shot placement was perfect.

Deer was a real nice big bodied 3 year old 6pt. Now its time for me to get mine!

Mechanicals should be outlawed like they are in many other states. Glad to hear of the end result for your buddy but where the hel! are the pictures!?!

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
I shoot mechanicals and haven't had any type of problems with them ever. Although I take precautions also with them. When I put them away after the season is over I take the o rings off from them, remove the blades from them and store them in seperate pill bottles and then come fall I put them back together for hunting. If it was raining while I was out hunting I take them apart and dry them out and then reassemble. It is a lot of work but I have had a more accurate shot placement with them. Also if you notice the o rins seem to be stretched out replace them. I replace mine every season. The only deer I ever lost ( as in I personally couldn't find) was with a fixed blade and it took my brother 6 hours to track him and get him out of the swamp he was in. And that was with a rocky mountain fixed blade. The blades actually came loose upon impact and lucky it was a four blade cause two of them were stuck right at the entry point of the arrow. But there are pros and cons for every type of equipment and there are people who like one type of equipment more than other types. To each His own.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts