Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member, really nice, NOTHING PLANNED for 1/31.

I think reminding her about the rules she agreed to would have been sufficient, and letting it continue, as long as the rule perameters were met.

If they WEREN'T, then note it at the end of the thread BEFORE giving it a LOCKDOWN!

My .02! <_<

·
Registered
34,129 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
I unlocked it, but for God sakes, get the info together prior to posting it. It would definitely help the moderators make a better decision about keeping it around when one only has 30 post.

Read the rules. My .02.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Klaudia Dell (Dell*cious) started the thread about the Bday Bash on 1/31.

We were trying to help her post her flyer, then all of the sudden she was chastized and her thread was LOCKED DOWN!!

WTF?

I can think of DOZENs of other goofy party threads that were let to run . . . and/or burnout . . . without being LOCKED DOWN!!

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ Dec 17 2003, 01:18 PM)Klaudia Dell (Dell*cious) started the thread about the Bday Bash on 1/31.

We were trying to help her post her flyer, then all of the sudden she was chastized and her thread was LOCKED DOWN!!

WTF?

I can think of DOZENs of other goofy party threads that were let to run . . . and/or burnout . . . without being LOCKED DOWN!!
That's the evening before Super Bowl Sunday in which I'm contractually obligated to Jack's. I think this would be better off in the "Event's Thread".

Again, no offense, but you need to read the rules.

You have to understand, when a member has only 30 post wanting to hold a bash in the boathouse, I get a little protective.

I let stuff slide when a member has over a few hundred post, because everyone knows that person. I recall meeting her once, but that's it. Permission would of been nice.

Rule #3
Promotions and parties will not be allowed unless approved by LSCN (Saleena362, surfergirlck or Capt'n Rob). It's important that we space each event for maximum exposure and member attendance.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Rob @ Dec 17 2003, 01:32 PM)I let stuff slide when a member has over a few hundred post
Then I can probably get away with murder.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts

dell is totally nice, for sure!
but capt rob is right.
we're trying to keep events in the beach house, and even thinking of renaming the beach house the "event board" to avoid confusion and such.
that's all.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Holy Smokes!!!!!

Now you see me, Now you don't

I agree with Rob in that a member should seek the permission to post a thread for a party.

BUT at the sametime if one goes out to the event calander there is nothing marked for that day. Which even I would think the day would be ok but still would get permission for making the post.

Rules are Rules

Just my .02

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was just shocked to find her post LOCKED DOWN so abruptly.

At least, in THIS thread, I brought out the detail I was looking for, but I think those thoughts should have been posted on HER thread.

Thanks for sharing . . .

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Dec 17 2003, 01:41 PM)

dell is totally nice, for sure!

even thinking of renaming the beach house the "event board" to avoid confusion and such.
good idea , , umm should whirley ball thing be moved to beech house too. devin @ play was checking in to prices and dates and going to post waht days were available for people that would like to play.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
ill tell him or send a e mail how can we move previous post into beech house?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Oopsss!!!

I got the message! Well post or not post it is going to be a bash that I hope gets attendance from my friends!

I will email it to the correct people and go from there.

Thanks for coming to my defense Steve!

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
QUOTE(Dell*icious @ Dec 19 2003, 11:59 AM)I forgot to add one more thing.

I am Sorry

Dell don't feel bad it has happen to me & my bus before......

We just want to share the love BABY!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts