Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
21 - 40 of 83 Posts
I know the feeling of not hitting the magic number you initially expected. I'm starting to think that the Dominators start to hit their hydro-dynamic wall somewhere in the ,ow to mid 90's. The horsepower it takes to overcome this barrier seems overly substantial. If you make it out to the Sunsation Rally this year, make sure you get a chance to talk to Chris (Dragonheart). He's has done a lot of work to the hull and drive configuration that helped his speed tremendously.

Ya see, now you guys HAVE to show up this weekend so we can B.S. about Sunsations all day. It's looking even better now. Got a passenger commited to Saturday, so if all goes as planned and Mother Nature plays nice, I'll be there!

QUOTE(canehdiangirl @ Jul 1 2003, 02:27 PM)Actually Eddie, its not running as strong as it should be....we're pulling it out again on sunday to take it back to NewYork... still kind of debating on the fun run .... although we'd love to make it... we'll know for sure by tomorrow...

no messin with no spark plugs now....I know where you live!.....

DOH !

man, I wish i could join the fun. unfortunatly, im layed up with a broken rocker. ill see you when i get it fixed. let me know how it went.

Not sure about that one.....maybe last year he would of. We'd be at the back of the pack for sure. Although I'll talk to him and see if he wants to. I'll just have to give you my Pepper Joe's order ahead of time. <_< That way we can eat with everyone else.

If we are going up the St. Clair River mid day Saturday on a holiday weekend... I don't think any of us will be going "Balls Out". Does anybody have a 900 foot freighter than can cruise at 70 mph to break channel for us?

Does anybody think a phone call to Peppers would be a good idea, to let them know we are coming... or would that not really help things any? Has anyone ever had problems rafting off each other in the narrow(er) river? Sounds like there will most likely be at least half a dozen boats, up to a dozen if everyone shows up.

Tom, I'm now at 90%!!!

-Bayley

Rerun,

I too am interested, but don't wanna end up running last all by myself. Maybe, a couple of us can cruise at a pace we can maintain. I gotta 22ft Formula, and cruise at 30mph, top out just over 50mph. Anyone else lurking interested?

QUOTE(Bayley @ Jul 2 2003, 12:57 PM)If we are going up the St. Clair River mid day Saturday on a holiday weekend... I don't think any of us will be going "Balls Out". Does anybody have a 900 foot freighter than can cruise at 70 mph to break channel for us?

Does anybody think a phone call to Peppers would be a good idea, to let them know we are coming... or would that not really help things any? Has anyone ever had problems rafting off each other in the narrow(er) river? Sounds like there will most likely be at least half a dozen boats, up to a dozen if everyone shows up.

Tom, I'm now at 90%!!!

-Bayley
Good point Bayley. I believe Tom is going to call them and let them know approximate numbers. Can everyone that is going please post how many people will be on your boat so we can get an accurate number for the people at Pepper Joes.

Thanks,

James

I only play on a few short speed runs. I will cruise at 40 to 45. I am in no hurry to get anywhere saturday, Don't have to be to work until Sunday at 2 pm.

QUOTE(Milord @ Jun 30 2003, 11:18 AM)Tom, BRS, me, Mel and Mel's friend Kelly will be on BRS's Fountain. I was going to run mine but I hate to be at the back of the pack!

I mentioned it to others on the weekend too, we'll see who ends being interested.

Milord???

Sorry, didn't just say that who cares if your at the back of the pack?

21 - 40 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.