Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i got screwed again. total this year, in my small company, over $2000. money i could use BIG TIME. wanna know who screwed me...the company i wouldn't tell you before? well, it was REAL DETROIT WEEKLY. yeah.

so again, they owed me money, SIGNED it that they would pay tomorrow in full the balance. and no. not happening, they say sorry, we can't pay you tomorrow...maybe next week.

well, so, here's what i think. fine. i've been fighting with them since the event ended in may to get paid. fine. THEY must need the money more than i do. that's fine. God will look out for me. He will provide for me. He will make sure me and my company do not turn out like THAT company. isn't that better than being a pushy, overzealous jerk about it? i can't afford a lawyer for the money to debate it in court (even tho i have a signed contract, they already said they'd tear it apart).

so, i guess i should be the bigger person, swallow the loss, and move on, huh? part of me wants to. the other part says FIGHT FOR IT YOU DUMMYHEAD! what to do....how do little companies survive with REAL DETROIT WEEKLYS treating us like this????

what do you think? i'm at the point where i'm SO TIRED Of it.... i just want it to be OVER!!!! no excuse, i know...but...

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OH! my point is... i got a chance to work for a local magazine, a new one for the area...so i should take THIS opportunity and KICK rdw's ARSE!!!!! right?! show THEM who is going to get the last laugh, right!!???!?!?

that was my point btw...lol! to come back and kick them where it hurts the most. in the meantime, count on god to take me and my finances to where there'll be safe. right?

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Do you have a copy of the signed contract? If so, how about small claims court?

Then go ahead & take the account with the new mag & kick their butts!!

But in any case, I wouldnt let it go. thats what they are counting on. You did a job you were contracted to do. You earned the money.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
WOW, THAT REALLY SUCKS! RDW is one of my favorite 'quickie' mags to read too

Did you think about small claims? You might not get it all, cities vary in the max you can sue for. Do you have a copy of your contract?

Is this the kind of case that and attorney might just take 30% of what you win? Maybe talk to Jim Simasko, sometimes it just takes a letter from an attorney to get the ball rollin. Dont give up, what's yours is yours1 at least call Jim
Pm me if you want his #, i have it handy

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Jul 30 2003, 11:17 PM)OH! my point is... i got a chance to work for a local magazine, a new one for the area...so i should take THIS opportunity and KICK rdw's ARSE!!!!! right?! show THEM who is going to get the last laugh, right!!???!?!?

that was my point btw...lol! to come back and kick them where it hurts the most. in the meantime, count on god to take me and my finances to where there'll be safe. right?
Absolutely take that job with the local magazine and kick a$$ and take names CK. You are a firecracker and great at what you do - one door closes and ANOTHER ONE OPENS SISTER.

In the meantime, since "hasbeens" and now rdw have been so ignorant, wait one or two weeks and go knockin' on their door for the $$ they owe you - acting like you've completely forgotten their financial woes. Squeaky wheel gets the grease - keep hounding them until you get your money honey. They'll eventually get sick of you and fork over the dough.

Sometimes it sux to be in business for yourself - peeps have no integrity sometimes

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(Dookie @ Jul 30 2003, 11:24 PM)Is this the kind of case that and attorney might just take 30% of what you win? Maybe talk to Jim Simasko, sometimes it just takes a letter from an attorney to get the ball rollin.
that would be the man i go to for advice! (plug for jim simasko!! ) i already did the 'letter' to which they responded by saying of the 20 things i was supposed to do, i didn't get them 100 bartenders...only 75. they got paid $35,000 by bacardi and another $30,000 by red bull...why can't they pay me the paltry sum they owe me, ya know?

so that's where it stands: the 'letter' didn't do any good, they've been paid by their sponsors, and i'm SICK of them; i cna't even pick up a copy of RDW anymore. so...i'mlooking for ideas....

shandog, you're the bestest!!!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
ggggrrrr, CK! That totally sucks.........What I was thinking MrsSunBum and Shandawg already said.

Pop in on them one day when they have important people in their office and tell them you are there for that overdue check they promised you.

Scumbags!

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Macomb County small claims goes up to 3K, it cost $40 bucks to file.

Once the receive the subpoena, I bet you they will negotiate a fair amount.

My .02

It worked for me.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(Capt'n Rob @ Jul 31 2003, 12:03 AM)Macomb County small claims goes up to 3K, it cost $40 bucks to file.

My .02

It worked for me.
i knew i loved you for so much more!! thank you soooooooooo much!!! heh heh...yes, i like that very much. i'll be pming you in a minute, which is better than pmsing you in a minute! loL!!!

thanks to all of you. i've had a crappy day cause of this AND my best friend i realized was trying to take me for a coupla hundies on saturday...that's a different story, tho...

thank you thank you thank youse!!!!!

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Jul 30 2003, 11:16 PM)QUOTE(Capt'n Rob @ Jul 31 2003, 12:03 AM) Macomb County small claims goes up to 3K, it cost $40 bucks to file.

My .02

It worked for me.
i knew i loved you for so much more!! thank you soooooooooo much!!! heh heh...yes, i like that very much. i'll be pming you in a minute, which is better than pmsing you in a minute! loL!!!

thanks to all of you. i've had a crappy day cause of this AND my best friend i realized was trying to take me for a coupla hundies on saturday...that's a different story, tho...

thank you thank you thank youse!!!!!

Are the offices of RDW in Macomb or Detroit? Also when i did a small claim, i had to go through the city not the county....i guess thats where jim S. would be able to help out.

OOHHHHHH this totally slipped my mind. Get this. I had to file a small claim against , well thats another story i'll share privately, but a rep from the Judge Judy called me, offered to fly myself and witnesses to CA with one day for the taping, one day for me to play, pay me for my time, accomidations and guaranteed payment within 30 days!!! I didn't do it because Judge Judy scares me and i didn't want anything said to embarass my family. This guy i sued is a total DOG!!!

The thing is all you have to do is call or email the court shows & you get a positive plug for your business if you go to court since RDW are the ones being dinks. They do have to agree to go though <_<
My spelling is wicked,but my eyes are hurting right now. Getting ready to go snuggle with my fuzzies

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ferndale.... OH! and while i'm at it...do you guys know that NO ONE from the children's home of detroit came to pick up the toys we collected?!?!?!? i had to get on the horn and be bitchy about it and then, only then, did someone come to get them!??!?!?! craZY!!

anyways, God will watch out for me...but that doesn't mean i can't help things alooooooooong!! heh heh heh!!!

thanks again everyone for everything!!!

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Totally agree Hun!!!But God does help you along with the tools you might need to do what needs to be done. It's like the man on the roof in the flood

Maybe take a break for a bit before you jump into more action. I know personally that sometimes your/my health, peace of mind is most important. So far my situation has not paid off entirely but I did come to a point that I realized my peace of mind was more important than the financial hole I was put in.

My lifestyle is very humble based on the choices I've made. God has taken care of me too. Word of the day...FAITH... I believe I'm nowhere without it!

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE(Dookie @ Jul 31 2003, 12:51 AM)BTW, there is a filing cost and a serving cost. I have a friend that will probably serve for you free of charge. he is in ferndale so ir shouldn't be a problem
i LIKE those guys!!

then again, could i have someone, say a friend, seve? or no? you rock, dookie!!

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Dookie's right, it was the city.... Mine happened to be in Harrison Twp a few years back.

Search the web for "small claims court" to get a better idea of the process.

In the meantime, I will pull my paper work out to find out more.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Jul 30 2003, 11:53 PM)QUOTE(Dookie @ Jul 31 2003, 12:51 AM) BTW, there is a filing cost and a serving cost. I have a friend that will probably serve for you free of charge. he is in ferndale so ir shouldn't be a problem
i LIKE those guys!!

then again, could i have someone, say a friend, seve? or no? you rock, dookie!!
Trust me....many SOMEONES offered. I figured it just wouldn't be worth it if i get what your saying

He'll get his. Burned bridges and bad carma ultimately come back to bite them in the booootie!

You have a lot of pull, i'll be on your side for watever will help promote you with your new job-2-be. so will a lot of other LSCN

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Fight for your cash. Just keep sending them overdue bills with late fees. We own a small business and we run into those people all the time. Now the contracts have a clause for late fees. Also, just keep calling them or have someone else call saying they are the accounts receivable for your company. Call once in the morning and once in the afternoon EVERYDAY, drive them crazy, make it your goal. They'll pay. We have to bug the crap out of people to pay their bills all the time. Court works too, and it is easier than most people think!!!!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
CK.....I'm very good at collecting funds......I'll call! I can't tell you how many people I've had to do it to....I'm not a bank and neither are you!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts